Co angler up front, trolling from the back

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark3

Reaction score
Having a tiller drive outboard tends to have one more comfortable fishing off the back of his own boat and putting the co up front. With that being said, does anyone have evidence of a successful instalation of a bow mounted trolling motor on the transom? The benefit would be the stronger power matched with a weedless wedge and a foot pedal. I do realize most of those benefits can be had with a transom mount troller but I would like to see any mods and thier pros and cons

I found this, a horizontal transom outboard mount but at 100 bucks I think I could make one out of angle iron and paint it for for 20 bucks or less.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407871321096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407871321096.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 987
Or maybe the best way would be using a wireless footpedal and keeping the motor on the bow and make the co pull it up and drop it. I wanted to do Ipilot link anyway

I think it would be hard to steer compared to having a bow mount, The work really well pulling the boat vs pushing the boat.

My minn Kota power drive has an 18 ft cable for the foot pedal so a lot of the time I sit at the back and steer the bow mount.. Sometimes I just aim the motor straight and use the gas motor as a rudder.

Latest posts