Concealed Carry

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I carry everyday and everywhere legal. For the safety of my family and my self. Depending on dress and planned activities my carry pieces range from snub nose S&W .38spl to S/A XD45compact. I avoid flying as much as possible and won't travel to states that don't believe in the constitution enough to allow citizens to be armed.

catmansteve said:
Taurus PT 24/7 .40, except when I go fishing... The Potomac River technically belongs to Maryland, and MD is ridiculous about concealed carry, I believe they require a recorded threat or restraining order or something like that to be eligible for a cc permit :evil:

Not sure if you heard or not, but a Federal District judge recently got rid of the requirement that Maryland residents have to show a "good and substantial reason" to obtain a concealed carry permit. I've been waiting for this news for years since I've lived in Maryland all of life. Moved to West Virginia 1 1/2 years ago though. Couldn't be happier for people in Maryland. This "may issue" crap was always a way for the state to flat out deny permits to EVERYONE.

https://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-07-24/news/bs-md-gun-carry-permits-20120724_1_second-amendment-foundation-substantial-reason-discretion-of-local-authorities

I currently carry a Smith and Wesson 5906 in 9mm Parabellum!

It was designed in 1989 but it is a proven pistol and it will never fail to sound off when you squeeze the trigger! I wouldn't recommend it to a smaller guy because it is heavy since its an all stainless steel frame but I am a big dude and the weight reduces the recoil to literally almost nothing at all!

Buddychrist said:
I currently carry a Smith and Wesson 5906 in 9mm Parabellum!

It was designed in 1989 but it is a proven pistol and it will never fail to sound off when you squeeze the trigger! I wouldn't recommend it to a smaller guy because it is heavy since its an all stainless steel frame but I am a big dude and the weight reduces the recoil to literally almost nothing at all!

Older, but still awesome pistols. A 5906 was my first semi-auto pistol, only recently replaced with a 5946 as I prefer a DAO manual of arms. I also have a Marlin Camp 9, which uses the same magazines and makes a good companion to the 59x6 series of pistols.

I joke that my 3953 is a boat anchor (aluminum framed single stack compact) - that 5906 IS a boat anchor! :lol: Great gun to shoot on the line, though - fast on target, accurate, and stable.

I do want a 5946 though to keep continuity with my 3953, with a couple spring swaps you can get the DAO down to a managable and smooth 8lbs, just increase the mainspring weight to compensate for the lighter hammer spring. The 5906 is a heck of a deal right now, though.

I picked my 5906 up from a buddy that needed $$$ and it looked brand new so I told him Id buy it for whatever he wanted. $300 out the door with 400 rounds of misc ammo from target loads to self defense rounds.

I really don't mind the weight though! I'm a strong guy and it just feels "right" to my palm size and the kick is flat out nothing at all.

Kibby said:
I've had a CC permit here in NH for years, but now they removed the requirement.

OK, here we go on another one of my rants/dissertations/books again :roll: ....LOL

Here goes:

Although I am a resident of SC, I also have a NH CC permit, as having this permit gives me reciprocity with states not covered by the SC CWP. To get the NH permit, I think I did have to show a copy of my SC permit, as well as giving references, which, for that, I gave references of people I know with SCDNR that can vouch for my character. Isn't that dumb as hell that a driver's license is valid in all 50 states, but a CWP is subject to all kinds of restrictions, ifs, ands, or buts.....such as; this one is only good in this state, and this one is only good here, etc?

Especially considering that any idiot can get a DL, as long as they can pass a written test that only requires about a 75 IQ to pass, and a very simple road test that has to do more with parking a vehicle, and less with driving it. Get out on the roads sometime and pay close attention to other drivers, you will realize what I say is true, the roads are full of mental midgets that have no business being behind the wheel of a 4000 pound weapon.

But, to get a CWP, you have to pass an FBI background check, you are fingerprinted just like a criminal, then you have to ask permission and pay fees to exercise your right. (Oh, but people want to piss and moan about having to get a 10 dollar DL to show as photo ID to vote, saying that's a "poll tax" that discriminates against minorities....try exercising your right to own a gun if you want to see discrimination and oppression, ya freaking crybabies!!) To exercise your 2A rights, you're actually subjected to more scrutiny than an applicant for a LE job.

The 2A is NON-NEGOTIABLE, period. ANY laws that regulate firearms are a direct violation of this constitutional right. But don't expect the ACLU to come to your defense.....they're too busy making sure the election system is still gonna allow dead people, convicted felons and illegal aliens to vote, or suing a school for a teacher displaying a US flag or saying the pledge of allegiance, or suing some state for trying to stop the tidal wave coming across the Mexican border.

And forget the NRA defending gun rights.....all those ***-kissers know how to do is compromise and piece-meal away our constitutional rights, in an effort to appease the anti-gunners. The 1934 NFA, the 1968 GCA, and the 1986 FOPA were all brought to you by the fine folks in the NRA, that simply do not understand how to deal with the enemies of freedom and liberty.

It's not "compromise, appease, and tip-toe on eggshells" it's "NO COMPROMISE, NO SURRENDER!!" Just as the rattlesnake on the Gadsden Flag says "Don't Tread On Me"
Period. Anything less is inexcusable and unacceptable.

To the NRA: Stop apologizing every time some psycho on a rampage shoots up a place, stop letting the anti-gunners throw the guilt trip upon the NRA and all gun owners....and stop placing blame on the gun, or even the shooter himself.... and instead, lay the blame squarely upon the shoulders of who is responsible for such acts....the legislators and dictators who tell the peasants they cannot carry their firearms for protection.

Everywhere a mass shooting has taken place (such as the recent one in CO) the people are prohibited from carrying firearms. And, just as a side note, in every nation where genocide or ethnic cleansing has taken place.....the citizens have been disarmed, just as they were by the 1934 German Firearms Act, which, BTW, the 1968 GCA is virtually a carbon copy of.

The only way we will get firearms laws overturned, is the same way we got rid of alcohol prohibition.....for everyone to blatantly violate the laws, and then for juries to nullify charges and throw it out of court. If this happens enough times, they will stop enforcing these ridiculous laws, and once they stop enforcing them, they will be removed from the books. It happened with alcohol prohibition, and it can be made to happen with the 20,000 firearms laws on the books.

It's just going to take jurors with the courage, common sense, and wisdom to forget about that "basing their verdict on the law as it is read to them" and instead ask themselves one simple question when they go to deliberate: "was anyone actually harmed by this alleged crime?"

If so, then by all means, convict the SOB and throw him under the jail. But if not, then, let's stop wasting taxpayer money to convict/defend and/or incarcerate this guy...send him home, with an apology from the arresting officers and the court.

Sorry for the rant! :LOL2:

bigwave said:
Bottom line......privileges are granted to slaves....rights are retained by free men.

Sorry for the rant.

I could not agree more.....On a side note, I would volunteer again for the military if my country needed me. If tshtf as you put it...I will move back to my birth state Texas. We take protection of family and property very serious. If they try to take my guns I will exercise my 2nd amendment right.

Well, I can remember taking an oath on 1994/01/04 at Ft Jackson, SC MEPS. An oath to uphold and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

And when I left the military, I don't ever recall being asked to relinquish that oath. In fact, it's still valid today in my role as a citizen-soldier, which I have been for the past 16 years. No, we're not shooting at bad guys, we find ways to help our country right here at home. For instance, I work closely with DNR and DHEC officers out on the water, doing recon for them, feeding them intel, and helping them apprehend violators of health and environmental laws, or natural resource laws. Big stuff like crab pot thieves, people illegally duck hunting in a state park, etc. Well over 1000 cases have been made from my intel alone. In fact, a few years ago, one officer told me that he wrote more tickets in just one month, based on my intel, than he wrote in that entire year!

Done a few SAR's out on the water, too, sometimes, it's simply towing a disabled vessel back to shore. But on one occasion, I was able to rescue a capsized boater off the oyster flats, he had no life jacket, he was struggling to stay afloat, and still trying to catch up to his overturned boat, which the wind was keeping out of his reach as it blew across the flats. And although the water was shallow enough in a few places he could have stood up, he would have been cut to ribbons, as he didn't have any shoes. In fact, he was cut up pretty bad when I got him to the hill, with the FD and EMS waiting (they didn't have a boat to reach him, and even if they had, night, as well as the tide, were both falling, they would have likely gotten stuck on those flats, as few people are familiar with the hydrography of that area.)

So, if anyone was wondering, there's a reason I'm so familiar with the rivers and swamps in my AO. Not only have I enjoyed the good side of these areas in nice weather, by waterskiing, fishing, cruising, etc.....I've also seen the ugly side of these areas...doing FTX's, creeping around, watching for booby traps, or the OPPFOR laying in wait to execute an ambush in some high cane grass in the delta, or being out there staking out crab pot thieves in the middle of the night, or looking for a missing boater, etc.

If TSHTF, I think it's pretty obvious I wouldn't hesitate to volunteer to pick up my rifle and rucksack, and head to the swamps, to ambush the enemy like Francis Marion and his ragtag group of militia men did when they were fighting for this country's independence. Oh, and BTW, they did it with a helluva lot less gear and technology, some of them didn't even have shoes, they wrapped rags around their feet and marched into the swamps in the dead of winter and the heat of summer.

And they did all this, so just a few generations later, a large percentage of the country would be willing to just piss away those freedoms they fought and died for.... while the small percentage of people willing to hold on to those freedoms would be mocked and ostracized, and called 'right wing militia nuts' Which is fine by me. I'd rather be on the right wing than the wrong one.