Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I paint my HIN plate?

I’m going to be reinstalling it here shortly. There were two of them; one was hidden under the capacity plate, the other one was in the normal place starboard side rear on the gunwale cap.
Do you all have paint on yours?

Heck I forgot to put mine back on......I need to get a new one made since the old one has severe corrosion from the ss rivets they used from the factory. If you paint it use a contrasting color.....hide the other one too thats a good idea. I need to get a tinboats sticker too. If I can make it to the DMV this week I will put the new FL numbers on and start fishing....I plan on going out sunday.

bigwave said:
Heck I forgot to put mine back on......I need to get a new one made since the old one has severe corrosion from the ss rivets they used from the factory. If you paint it use a contrasting color.....hide the other one too thats a good idea. I need to get a tinboats sticker too. If I can make it to the DMV this week I will put the new FL numbers on and start fishing....I plan on going out sunday.

Yeh man I just don’t want the CG giving me any chit,

Not that I’ve had, nor do I expect to have much interaction with them but if I do I just want everything to look right. So I was trying to figure out if the newer tins are coming with the HIN plates painted or not. Mine were not painted.
Good luck on Sunday, catch um up……….. :mrgreen:

The pile is getting smaller………….. :LOL2:
Float test tomorrow with pics. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 608
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 608
I have to tell you I was not without some concern,

The whole purpose of this build was to have a boat that would float and run skinny. So if this motor was just too heavy it would have defeated the reason I built this boat in the first place. I was prepared to get off my wallet and go by the new Yamaha F70 4 stroke but I wanted to use this motor that I already had.

Tell you what, the float pods are worth their weight in gold. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Without any weight up front besides the T/motor battery she floats perfect. The pods are 8in high and you can see from the pics that the handles are clearly out of the water. Its 6 inches from the bottom of the pods to the bottom of the handles, so she only drafts 6 inches at rest.

No fuel but also no 50lbs trolling motor or 50lbs cooler up front ether so I’m calling that a wash. This is how she will float when completed and I’m cool with that. :LOL2:

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    994.6 KB · Views: 689
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 689
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 689
Hey thanks you ‘all,

I wish I was running her on a shakedown test instead of a float test but I had to do this first. I just didn’t want to do all the motor rigging, install the floor and console only to find out she didn’t float right. I’m figuring out all rigging now and started the wiring.
I just made this plate that I will hard mount and run the motor and jack plate rigging through.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 668
Soon grasshopper.....you got all the hard stuff figured out now......she will be flying before you know it.

That looks gorgeous sitting on the water already, anxiously await the finished product! Keep up the killer work! 8)