Crappie fishing..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first bait to throw is a 1/32 ounce Northland Whistler jig with a 2" Berkley Power Grub.

Second is a Northland Firefly. Plain or tipped with a minnow.

Starting to like Southern Pro Minnow Tubes more and more.

Tiny cranks. Yo-Zuri Snap Beans, Rebel Tad Fry, Rapala Floating.

Mattman said:
Tiny cranks. Yo-Zuri Snap Beans, Rebel Tad Fry, Rapala Floating.

I second the tiny cranks and jerk baits. I like the Husky Jerk HJ06 (2.5") in glass or silver.

Also the Countdown in CD05 and CD03 (2" and 1.5") are good lures for targeting crappie.

I've done well with crappie tubes but haven't found a good jighead for them. Also I've tied up some pink and white marabou jigs that are excellent for crappie, I caught a small northern on one too!

i got these jigs called a Road Runner.... i saw some fisherman on TV using them and catching alot of crappie. i havent used them yet. i havent been fishing in like a yr. :? :? :?

Oh yes Roadrunners work! Period! I like fishing the grubs or stubby butt bodies behind a roadrunner w/ a spinner. A close second is a Bass Assasin Panfish Assasin Tiny Shad (1.5" I think?), favorite color is chartreuse silver glitter, but I also like natural colors like alewife, etc. Try experimenting with colors though, good luck!

Hand poured & tied 1/32 & 1/16 hair jigs (aka - called crappie flies in the south)

I use Crappie Slider grubs (charlie brewer's slider company), there made for crappie but they'll catch anything, just the other day I was tryin for some crappie and I got two nice channel cats.
Also powerbait power grub 2" in pumpkin chart tail, they discontinued the color but I think they came back out with it under the name Natural Chartreuse.

I think anything that looks like a live minnow works .
Putting a cork on a jig works some times.
I bet live minnows would be hard to beat most times- Ive also been told some times they will hit a jig and not a minnow.

Ive had better luck with live minnows.

Sometimes I have a hard time tellin when they bite .

Fathead minnows on a jighead, fathead minnows on a crappie rig, Mepps Agula spinner in silver, maribo jigs w/o minnow or mini mites sometimes with but mostly w/o minnows. Sometimes I'll add Crappie nibbles if fishing jigs w/o minnows for some scent.

5000_pack.jpg

Latest posts