Crappie Lures - HELP!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-CN- said:
Crappie minnows on a jig head has worked for me.
I've never tried anything but live bait for crappies before.
I fished with a buddy last year that kept catching crappies on a weighted hook baited with a "Gulp" minnow. He'd just cast out and reel in slowly.

For bobber fishing, what I do is tie on a a three-way swivel, and on the other two eyes tie a 18" lead on one and a 9" lead on the other. Tie a hook at the end of both, and crimp a sinker 8" above the hook on the longer lead (about an inch below where the hook hangs on the shorter lead). Bait both hooks with a minnow through the mouth. Both minnows can swim away from each other in a small radius and at two different depths. A good crappie hole will net you two crappies per strike.

Ending up picking up some of the Bobby Garland slab slayr's and baby shad. Also some various hair jigs in 1/16oz, 1/8oz and 1/4oz. Got the same size jig heads for my plastics. A few slip bobbers and some 1/0 and #2 aberdeen hooks for live minnow fishing. I should be set.

Latest posts