Decent gear newbie

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a shimano sedona 4000FD on a 7ft Med Act st croix triumph med act 7ft with 20 lb powerpro. use it everytime i go fishing either in a lake fishing for bass, rivers and catfish, or inshore.. and i love it. and i always have a ultra light spinning set up i use a 5ft rod(either the green quantum from walmart or a Shakespeare micrographite) and the smallest Mitchell avocet reel walmart had(about a 40 dollar set up) and i use both frequently. I buy my ultra lights at walmart because ive never had a problem and there really relaxed about there return policy if i break something. i have 10lb braid on my UL. i normally keep a cheap rod with a spincaster(mercury or ugly cast from walmart) around just for bobber fishing or for a guest.

As far as good spinning reels go if you want something to last and that can be rebuilt shimano and diawa are the best of the best.. abu, mitchel, Pflueger, and some others are all owned by pure fishing and arent made to the best quality.