Does this stay on?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestfisher

Reaction score
So, just got a new prop for my 2005 Johnson 115hp 4 stroke. (Thanks fuzzy grub). It is a Solas with a hub kit.

So as I removed my original prop I found this on the prop shaft behind (at the motor side) the thrust washer. (See pics it's the white what appears to be a spacer or something)
My question is should this stay on? Or was this for the original prop.
Neither the new prop kit notes this nor can I find anything that shows this with any other recommended prop without a hub kit (pressed in hub).
Got any ideas...on or off?
Help.....
Randy

Attachments

• IMG_20240726_094618440_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240726_094618440_HDR.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240726_094713608.jpg
    IMG_20240726_094713608.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 2
So, just got a new prop for my 2005 Johnson 115hp 4 stroke. (Thanks fuzzy grub). It is a Solas with a hub kit.

So as I removed my original prop I found this on the prop shaft behind (at the motor side) the thrust washer. (See pics it's the white what appears to be a spacer or something)
My question is should this stay on? Or was this for the original prop.
Neither the new prop kit notes this nor can I find anything that shows this with any other recommended prop without a hub kit (pressed in hub).
Got any ideas...on or off?
Help.....
Randy

Don’t know, I’ve never owned an E/J near that size. How does the new prop fit with that white piece installed?

Just a thought. Is that white part shown in the parts diagram for your specific motor? The name of the part might give a clue -- or not.
I cannot seem to find it on parts diagram? It fits in the hole on back of the original prop thrust washer.

It looks like a thrust washer and thrust washer spacer. View attachment 122002View attachment 122003
Wow, that is exactly what it is. Where did you find this?
So now my next question is seeing as I don't have the same prop and thrust washer with the new prop ( have after market prop with hub kit) I shouldn't need this? Only with the old prop and thrust washer? Agreed? Your amazing still a. Let me know what you think

Must be a Suzuki thing... That diagram was very helpful.

Your new prop may or may not need the spacer, but I would definitely keep it for future use, if you decide to not use it.

Wow, that is exactly what it is. Where did you find this?
So now my next question is seeing as I don't have the same prop and thrust washer with the new prop ( have after market prop with hub kit) I shouldn't need this? Only with the old prop and thrust washer? Agreed? Your amazing still a. Let me know what you think
You can find a lot if you search on “Evinrude (the model number) year parts”

I didn’t know the model number and there were a few choices so I scrolled through a few parts diagrams until something looked right. It took about five or ten minutes.

In all fairness, I have a ‘97 Evinrude 115 so I’m familiar with finding parts.

I think you should keep the OEM thrust washers even with an aftermarket prop.

You can find a lot if you search on “Evinrude (the model number) year parts”

I didn’t know the model number and there were a few choices so I scrolled through a few parts diagrams until something looked right. It took about five or ten minutes.

In all fairness, I have a ‘97 Evinrude 115 so I’m familiar with finding parts.

I think you should keep the OEM thrust washers even with an aftermarket prop.
Thanks again, as Thill said this is why I use this forum. You all have great advice.
I am keeping this all with the original prop as a spare. The original is still good.