Finally got to work on my trailer.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonLester

Reaction score
Ok today was nice outside..sunny and fairly warm..

So my daughter and I pull the tin off the trailer and I pulled the old lights off. and temporarilly installed the new lights. I just need to run a ground light back...I am gonna haul it to work so I can pressure wash it and then blast the worst parts. I was happy to see the trailer is in better shape overall than I thought it was. Its still very solid. Just surface rust and paint pealing.

Also got a GoPRO today for my motorcycle and Kayaking that I do. So my pics are from me playing with it...

GOPR0005.jpg

GOPR0006.jpg

GOPR0007.jpg

I am just getting to play with it. But so far so good. I plan to mount it to my helmet for the ride to AK this year and then on they Kayak some.... It will probably see time on my tin first though... I need to come up with a way to mount it up high looking somewhat down while we are out fishing. I think it could make some cool memories with the kids.

BTW got the temporary ground wire ran today and got the lights working...new saftey chain. Picked up a new winch from Walmart for $21 on clearance... and a few other things. Gonna take it it work in the morning and start the power wash and then sand blast it, paint etc etc....

Oh and my daughter did a great job cleaning the hull..gave her some simple green and a scrub pad and away she went. Looking better and better.

Powerwashed the trailer and boat last night...took all the old flakey paint off...a little work with the wire brush today and I should be spraying primer on it tonight. I'll take some pics as I go.

I know thats what everone looks at these threads for anyway.

:LOL2:

I basically have the same trailer as you it looks like. I just did a complete resto on it and plan on posting pics in a new thread soon. I think it turned out ok for the limited amount of time I had committed to it. I'm interested to see your pics as you go!

Well I got to spray the trailer with primer today. Would have liked to sand blasted it but it will have to do for now.

I'm posting on my phone I will try to post pics in a few

Let's see if this works

9d30ad9d.jpg

c350051c.jpg

If there was on mine it is long gone too. I should probably go ahead and reg it, or try before I finish on it in case they won't let me... Hmmm I may call and ask them today.

Latest posts