Fuel filter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcgreat

Reaction score
Are you guys running a fuel filter? If so where did you put it and what kind. I got a tank of gas that was ful of debris the other day and have spent many hours tracing it back to the fuel. Now Im thinking I should run a inline filter to prevent this in future.

i have a little clear inline filter about 4" of hose out from the fuel tank and zip tied it to the handle so its not floppin around against things

I have one inline to the fuel pump. It is just screen and wouldnt stop small particles. I was thinking of putting one on like we run on our atv's. They seem to work well and I havent had any cause problems. The see thru ones are nice you can keep an eye on them and tell if they are getting clogged up or not. I cant see where it would hurt anything and I think I will put one inside the cowl so I don't have to cut the main fuel line from the tank to the motor.

The see thru ones are nice you can keep an eye on them and tell if they are getting clogged up or not

it helped me notice my gas was boiling when i left it in the back of my black chevy at work in direct sun with the vent closed. ive never seen a metal can expand so much :mrgreen:
once of those dummy moments. glad it didnt mess my truck up

Just a suggestion, mount a water/fuel separator filter on the transom. With Ethanol and everything else in gas these days, it couldn't hurt. They are a little expencive but cheap insurance. One dealer is mounting them on all new boats he sells even if it's a 9.9hp.

Latest posts