GPS question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You Know

Reaction score
Sorry guys I did a search and could not come up with the answer to my question.

I am looking into getting a handheld GPS, something that is around $150 or less, but my main concern is that I want one that will give me MPH. I have looked on the company websites and that is not a function that it tells you if it does or not. It will be used to get me home in the case of a fog or storm. I don't need street maps or anything, but would like something a little more detailed that a swiggly line on a blank screen. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Lowrance H20. Accurate, very basic base map, not just a screen with a line, and map card compatible.

Most if not all GPS will give you MPH.

I have a Magellan sport track map & it does every thing you are asking.I was just out in Lake Michigan with fog with no worries.

I have a garmin 68cx I think is the model, shows the streets/roads if you need, it, can mark waypoints, beginning points, endpoints, shows/indicates hunting/fishing times, tracks if you troll for different species of fish, mph, etc. Mine came with a 12v power cord so I don't have to replace the AA batteries all the time. Works great for me since I longline for crappie 99% of the time.

A Garmin Vista HCx will do everything, speed, track, back track, waypoints maps, external cards I love mine only draw back is the small screen. They and their brothers can be bought new or used in your price range.

Im looking at the eTrex 20 which has a larger screen and its a good bit cheaper that the HCx. Im gonna go to the store to put my hands on one before I pick one out.

Latest posts