help me sell my tin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usmctanker

Reaction score
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/1923280379.html
This is my add. No body is offering. Am I asking too much or what?

Usmctanker said:
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/1923280379.html
This is my add. No body is offering. Am I asking too much or what?

Usmctanker's craigslist add said:
14' jon, I added a casting deck up front and carpeted the benches.
The motor is a 15hp gamefisher and it starts on the 1st pull every time.
The trolling motor is a motorguide brute 50# thrust 12/24v.
I have titles and tags are good till 2012.
Price is pretty solid, probably not interested in trades but maybe.
Already had someome flake on me.
Make me an offer, I might include a humminbird fish finder for the right price

I wouldn't think that is a bad price to pay....
maybe don't highlight on the Gamefisher motor though.... also state if it comes with the trailer or not because most will wonder, and most won't investigate any further to find out either.
never say price is solid or firm.... they imediately think your just being mean or something, and don't tell them about someone else irritating you by a flake out.... it just further makes them think your hard to deal with....

None of this was to be mean to you.... I like your price as it is. Just some constructive thoughts. Seems everyone has me sell their stuff for them on Craigslist, I seem to have a knack for it. :D

thanks for the tips. I think I will relist it tomorrow with some alterations.
If you think of anything else let e know.

Usmctanker's craigslist add said:
14' jon, I added a casting deck up front and carpeted the benches.
The motor is a 15hp gamefisher and it starts on the 1st pull every time.
The trolling motor is a motorguide brute 50# thrust 12/24v.
I have titles and tags are good till 2012.
Price is pretty solid, probably not interested in trades but maybe.
Already had someome flake on me.
Make me an offer, I might include a humminbird fish finder for the right price

I agree with Perchin, a couple tweaks here and there. The last three lines are degrading to the ad. People don't care about flakes, maybe trades, or for the right price...include the fish finder as a selling point, not a bargaining tool for you.

Try this:

$1300 or best offer

14' Jon boat with custom casting deck, carpeted bench seats, and no leaks.
Trailer included and in good working order.
15hp Gamefisher motor that starts and runs great.

Included in the purchase is a Motorguide brute 50# thrust 12/24v trolling motor and a humminbird fish finder.

Both boat and trailer are licensed until 2012. THis is a turn key fishing package. Get out and enjoy those distant fishing holes!

I am willing to do a sea trial for serious buyers.

Contact me at ............

I would also clean the boat up a bit and a new pic :) You might consider taking off the front deck and offering it as a bonus. Not everyone is going to want it. You could also offer to sell the boat and motor seperate. More people will have $600 available then $1300. Other then that price seems fair but it is a tough time of the year. Spring would be best, good luck!!

No phone number ads are usually spam.

Same deal, make it look like it's worth $1300, not $600. Put it on some blocks so it looks like it's taken care of and evan having a tarp in the background may sway some fence sitters. It's take about $20 in carpet to cover that front deck, an excellent investment to help sell it.

Put the correct hull dimensions, 14x width at the bottom, should be 36" or 32"

Just put have titles or paperwork. I don't know about where you are, but in Md it's illegal to run on someone elses stickers.

Good luck,
Jamie

Yeah, I agree with the other posters. The guys on this site would agree that $1300 is a good price for the package, but the pictures in your ad don't do it justice. I suggest you clean up the boat a bit and take some prettier pictures of it!

14' jon,with trailer, casting deck up front with carpeted benches.
This sweet baby has a 15hp gamefisher paired with a motorguide brute pushing 50# in 12/24v.
Want to know where the fish are? This baby has a Hummingbird fishfinder to help put you on the fish.
Want to fish at night? This baby has lights!
New Battery purchsed in 20?? and still has ___ left on Warranty. Trickle charged after each use @ 2amps.
Title in hand and lake ready. Stickers good till 2012.

$1300 obo

All Trades considered.

DEFINATELY INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER!
Alot of people, and sometimes me, don't even bother if there is no quick access number to reach seller at. Unless it's a GREAT deal, I hate trying to contact a seller through Craigslist email system.
JMHO, Jeff

If i were you I would add some nice cheap swivel seats that would make it look very nice. and also there arn't many storage options on the boat, just my .02

Put all of the items in the package together and get a nice picture or pictures of the whole setup. Let them see the motor mounted on the boat with the trolling motor on the front. Try to get a picture of it in a nice clean yard or driveway. You don't want them to see it out in a field. They might think it has been abandoned for a while. Make it look like it is ready to go to the lake as it sits.

Latest posts