Homemade aluminum mini pontoon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigkat650

Reaction score
So last spring a guy on Craigslist posted an all aluminum mini pontoon boat that he custom fabricated. After I did some modification to increase the buoyancy, it fishes pretty nice. Tracks nice through the water, and is really stable in calmer waters.

20150718_061030_zpstgy8b0ae.jpg

The deck is 8ft x 4ft, and the pontoons are 8inches wide x 14inches tall x 8ft long. They stick out making the total width about 62". He added a 12" center pontoon that's only 4ft long for added buoyancy. I added 6" of closed cell foam boards under the deck between the pontoons, and an aluminum 'nose' to help channel water and deflect/protect from waves and debris. It's now basically one of those bass buggy mini pontoon boats on steroids.

It's all aluminum (except the foam boards) and I think I want to keep it that way, I.e. no wood. I think I would like just some basic stuff to make it more functional... Storage, seating, rod holders. I want to keep it as basic and light as possible. I'm thinking of just using coolers. It's seating, storage, and I can figure out rod holders...and they are removable. But I'm looking for other suggestions.

What would you guys do with this blank slate?

Liking it dude! I have a pelican bass raider. These little things out fish the tins and glass all day. I've had some big 5 foot gar and 30 inch cat swim aside me and not flinch. You will have a great time fishing on that one. Gas motor on back trolling on front.
Caution: If you run into big waves turn sideways into the wave to ride over don't try going nose first...

Sent from the dust in front of you!

You know, that craft would look great with a 29lb 3hp Evinrude or Johnson outboard. :)

just sayin'.

Kismet said:
You know, that craft would look great with a 29lb 3hp Evinrude or Johnson outboard. :)

just sayin'.

I just got a 4.5hp mercury I'm trying to revive. Another Craigslist special. Although those rudes are a bit lighter, and a built on gas tank would be nice. I'll have to see where the mercury takes me.

Latest posts