I am off to compete in a worldwide vehicle wrap competition

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
So I have been doing wraps for 10 years and I am very good at it. I tell my clients all the time that they are getting the best installers around doing their wraps and now I get to put my money where my mouth is. A lot of people talk the talk but when it is time to walk the walk they tuck their tails and run. Not me nor Vinyl Images.

FESPA, a respected vehicle wrap supplier and huge face in the industry, is having a world wide vehicle wrap competition with 5 regional qualifiers to the final in London in 2013. The regions are Singapore, Germany, Mexico, North South and Central Americas, and Barcelona. The top 4 qualifiers in each region get an expenses paid trip to London for the final.

Follow this link and click on the Americas link to get more info: https://www.fespa.com/wrapcup/

I am flying in to Orlando next Tuesday and the competition starts on Thursday. There are 5 rounds of competition with the 5th round being the finals on Saturday at 2:15 PM. I can't even tell you how excited I am about this. I finally get to put my skills up against the best in the world. The winner of the "Americas" will actually be able to say that they are the best vehicle wrapper in the North, Central, and South American region. That is just crazy to think about. The prizes are huge and in the $150,000 range and I can't wait to get out there and win my share.

Wish me luck and worst case scenario is I get to fish in Florida for a couple days. :LOL2:

way to go Bulldog....Good luck on the fishing in Florida thingey and also on the contest... You will do well no doubt.
peace

Thanks fellas. I'm getting more and more nervous as the time approaches but I've got this. I'm confident and I have had 10 years of practice. I guess it is just the enormous amount of exposure and $$ to be won if I win. For a long time now, with the fighting and pretty much everything else in my life, I have been telling people that you have never met someone like me. (Maybe a curse word or two taken out of that statement) Yet again, this is my chance to prove that.

I found out this week that during the competition we will be wrapping a 2011 Ford Mustang with a very different product that I am not used to using. Needless to say, I have to go pick up my 2010 Mustang (newest model I could find) tomorrow from the rental place and a similar vinyl that we are going to use in the competition got to my office today. Being prepared and getting a step up on the competition never hurt anyone. There is $150K to win and I'm doing everything in my power to do just that. :wink:

MAN I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Thanks again for the kind words!!

I won the first two rounds of competition. I have advanced to the 3rd round tomorrow afternoon. There are some quaulity installers out here so it is not going to be easy but I did smoke the competition in the first two rounds. I'm still nervous as heck and really any one of these guys could win it. I have met and competed against people from germany, mexico, and canada.

Got a chance to go fishing yesterday and caught two 14" off of beds. They are pre spawn and just getting on beds. I saw a 5-7 pounder that i spooked. Maybe get more fishing in tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for the support.