I need some help / Fishfinder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron42261

Reaction score
I havent a clue but want a fishfinder.
I would like advise and info.
Will a fishfinder show whats out around of the boat ? Like a stump or rock before trash the TM?
Will they give you enough time to avoid it?
Whats with the dual beams ?

$300 about my limit.
Fishing lakes and river
Like I say I havent a clue never seen one working
I need a Fishfinder Lesson
Thanks Ron

OK maybe $ 400
I been looking at Lowrance 135
The skimmer transducer - how does it mount on the transom or TM ?
I have the Minn Kota Power Drive TM

Everything I need to set it up come with the Fishfinder?
Thanks Ron

The fish finder won't tell you that you're about to hit a stump or anything - it shoots down, not out in front (that's where polarized sunglasses come in handy). It will tell you when you're getting close to shallow water, just watch the depth change or set the fish finder to alarm when you reach certain depths.

As far as what kind to buy.. I've had humminbird, and I just upgraded to one of the new HD Lowrance units. I haven't installed it yet, but I already like all of the manual functions that you can perform right from the front screen. Humminbird does kind of the same thing, but most of the features that I use I have to go digging through menus for.

If you're willing to spend up to $400, you might as well go with a color unit. You can also look at one with GPS, but if you don't think you'll be using that much, you can spring for a better color sonar without gps.

Let us know if you went out and saw anything, and what you found. If you have any more questions, post them... I don't know how this thread went unanswered for so long - sorry bout that.

Latest posts