Is it worth it ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bass pro has a light baitcaster i would check this out but i dont know anyone that has one

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_90674_100001001_100000000_100001000_100-1-1

Problem with that baitcaster is the drag! When pitching/flipping, having the strength to get that fish out of the cover, and preventing him from turning his head and going back in, is paramount.

Also - the guy in the tackle shop has misled you :) There are reels designed for lightweight baits, look to the 50 series reels from Shimano, stuff like the Daiwa Sol, Pixy, Presso, and honestly, every single Pfluger reel I have is awesome in this respect. I actually use a Trion for dropshotting. For my other light work, I use a Shimano Scorpion, which has a domestic counterpart, Jimmy or Z-man could tell you what it is, but I still say the TD series is the best pitching reel available (out of those that I have tried!) Heck, I'm also tickled pink with the couple of TDA's I have for this, and like the Black Widow 2 even more. Come to think of it, something like a Chronarch SF would suit this bill as well, but I've not really met your price range :(

OK OK :?: I think that I have narrowed down my choice to Two bait casters . What do you think ?????
Daiwa Viento gear ratio 6:3:1 weight 8.3 oz $ 199.95

Daiwa Sol gear ratio 5:8:1 weight 7.4 oz $ 229.00

The Sol would be my choice. You can also find a better deal on that at Delo's, or at the very least, get it from Tackle Warehouse, and get the free shipping :)

Then again, the Viento would be handy to close the bail for you with that switch :)

sporty said:
Thanks but why the Sol over the Viento ??

Because it's ornage and cool. It was designed for smaller baits, You can palm it easier than the Viento. It is more refined than the viento according to TT.

Either way your getting a super nice reel, So What I would do is get to a place that has both and hold them in your hand and play with them. If I still had my Viento I would of sent it to you to use it for awhile. and then decide if you like it.

I sold my Viento for a Revo STX.

either one would be a good choice
the viento will pull 26"of line per turn of the handle
the sol will pull 24" so it wont make much of a difference getting the fishes head turned in a hurry

orange is cool though

That's what I wanted to hear. Problem here is that there is no one store that has both reels for me to do a comparison . I would have to order them in . I will still have to order my choice in .

What they said :) The Sol is lighter, and with most pitching, flipping sticks being pretty stout, the weight will help in a long days fishing. The reel is also smaller, which makes it more comfortable to hold in your hand. The Sol is also designed to toss those light baits you want to throw, but will also handle the larger baits.

I'd go orange...I mean with the Sol.

I would've gotten one when I got my Chronarch 51 but I got such a deal I had to! I have a Sol in my future for sure!(or a 103HL Ito)

Thanks guys , I am leaning towards the SOL but that Twitch bar is interesting. I really like the feel of my Zillion // very comfortable when trolling and holding the rod. My Calcutta I find is not as comfortable over time.

:D :D Thanks guys for all your opinions . I finally made my choice and that is with the orange SOL. Ordered it from down south because no one carries that one around here. :roll: :roll: I know the twitch would have been nice but I am sure that this was a better choice.
Again thanks guys !!!

sporty said:
:D :D Thanks guys for all your opinions . I finally made my choice and that is with the orange SOL. Ordered it from down south because no one carries that one around here. :roll: :roll: I know the twitch would have been nice but I am sure that this was a better choice.
Again thanks guys !!!

Good choice - write a review for us when you get it

Latest posts