Is my Endura 55 Repairable?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help me out here. How would a 90º or 180º turn help?[/quote]
I think what there saying is so the prop is in the air where gravity would be in his advantage. Just my $0.02

New River Rat said:
fish4thriLLs said:
lovedr79 said:
umm yup! i am stealing that idea! i love the PVC pipe and bungee cord, alot simpler than what i was going to do.

I'm not seeing how that PVC pipe rig is keeping the prop in the "up" position. Is it just to keep the motor from bouncing while underway?

I turn the prop "up", as close to the mount as possible and tighten the tensioner as tight as I can. The rig is to keep the motor from bouncing while trailering.

Yeah, too bad my tensioner screw, on my "new to me" Endura 36, is stripped out where I can't tighten it at all.

I guess, during transport, I could position my motor to where the shaft is vertical, similar to the same position as if it were in use except raised all the way up. It's either that or remove it from the mount and haul it in the bottom of the boat.

fish4thriLLs said:
Yeah, too bad my tensioner screw, on my "new to me" Endura 36, is stripped out where I can't tighten it at all.

Metal on plastic is a pet peeve of mine. Maybe I can help you here. Take your knob off and find a bolt that fits. Drill a hole in the threaded area of the mount were the knob went that the nut "almost" fits. Press the nut in with a C-clamp or something.Now take a hose clamp and drill a hole for the threads on the knob to pass through. Secure the nut with the hose clamp.

I like my 55 Minn Kota, but this is a major flaw.

a005.jpg

a003.jpg

Cool idea with the hose clamp and nut thing. Main thing there is to make sure the nut is very tight fitting so it won't turn inside of the plastic hole. But, I can't think of anything else that would work any better.

Someone's already removed the knob and replaced it with a bigger bolt which was also already stripped out when I got it. But, I can take the tension knob out of the Endura 55 model, which is now gonna be used for parts, and use it on my Endura 36 I reckon. HHmmmmm...I wonder how much trouble it would be to just swap out the whole mount assembly and shaft holder from the 55 and use it with my 36? Looks like I would have to remove the control handle assembly from the top of the shaft so I could slide it into the shaft holder, right? Is that an option, or would it mess up the handle assembly?

Thanks, man!

If you take the motor apart there is a C-clip on the shaft that takes up the slack in the armature also there is a stack of washers on the shaft as well. I am sure the c-clip has broke and more then likely the clip is in the magnets. and the Armature has falling out of the rear bearing holder. the part number on the clip is 788-015 RETAINING RING take all of about 45 mins to repair. And yes I would turn the motor with the prop up when traveling to and from the lake. There is a lot of weight bouncing around on that small clip. the armature in this motor is not lite.

Latest posts