Jet boat Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you went hunting for fat chihuahuas.

Just sayin' :roll:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-14 at 4.25.24 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-14 at 4.25.24 PM.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 826
The new block is night and day different then the old small block. Jumps up on plane almost instantly. Carries 3 heavy guys easily, and runs like I wanted. The only thing I need to do now is put some float boxes to keep it from porpoising and beef the transom.

Awsome, glad to hear your hapy with it.
When you beef up the transom I'd get rid of the cmc trim since the motor has it's own tilt trim. That might help with the bouncing some.

Actually that is my jack plate not trim. I use it when I switch to my prop. Keeps me from having to change the motor height manually. Hopefully by this next fall I will have enough money save to finish out my project since I pretty much spent what I had just on motor mods and such. Still have to admit I got off with a more or less brand new motor from the jet all the way to the block for alot less then if I had to buy a new jet motor. Whenever I can get to run again I will try to get some videos posted. Hopefully this time with fish pictures and not Piggies.

So since I caught another post about upping the horse power in a little boat I thought I would post what I found in my boat. After running my boat for the past couple months I have had no problems or major hits. But after checking out my boat I found the gunnels where the transom attaches there are new cracks. Worse thing these aren't the first, but the second. You can see from the pics the damage but I am getting the transom beefed up as well as float boxes or pods depending where you Are from and call them.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339644017.853725.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339644043.457198.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339644076.388799.jpg

Just a quick update. My buddies metal shop is backed up and looks like I won't be able to get anything done for another week or two. Which is ok cause the funds are low anyways, plus I ordered new parts to clean up the motor. Plugs, wires, thermostat, plastic pieces. Little stuff that everyone once in a while seem to come loose on the control side of the motor. Once I get in the shop though I will get some pics up of the work done.

Been a while since I have posted on my boat. Fished out of it till deer season and then parked it. Now that I am in the off season between deer season and right before fishing season I finally got my boat in the metal fab shop. The idea is they are going to install float boxes, beef up the transom, and fill some holes. One new thing I am hoping to get done is in the front of my console is a box. I used it for junk storage because there were holes in either side of it from the previous owner's speaker installation. I am getting them welded shut and was thinking of making this a live well or fish well. Not sure how I would do it as it is just bare aluminum and would get hot real easy so I was kicking around some ideas. I thought about opening the lid and spraying the sides down with spray foam, then trimming it up and fiberglassing over it. The only problem is will I be able to tie the fiberglass into the aluminum? Just kicking around ideas. I will post pictures of the boat when it gets back from the shop next week.

I can't argue yet as it isn't done so not sure what it has cost me or if it is done. If it is cheap enough I won't argue but otherwise I am disappointed

I can't argue yet as it isn't done so not sure what it has cost me or if it is done. If it is cheap enough I won't argue but otherwise I am disappointed

Got the boat back. Stripped the stickers off sanded, cleaned, vinegared, and etching primered. Finally got a layer o paint down tonight and it was not an easy task. First the sprayer was clogged, then my compressor had a lot of moisture fixed both of them and then broke my sprayer. Either way got new sprayer and the first coat on. Looks good but I will need to wet sand and lay another coat tomorrow. Hoping to have the stencil work painted by Thursday so I can put my boat back together this weekend. Not sure that will all get done but I am ready to stop bumming rides and get back out there. Here are a few pictures more to come.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363140959.365694.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363140982.569999.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363141002.145243.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363141018.600113.jpg

I got the second coat of paint down. There are pictures by they look the same as before so I thought it was pointless. Either way I hope to lay down the stencil work tomorrow. I will update when I do.

Well the outside painting is done. Well except for some touching up. Color scheme want what I had planned but looked to work the best. Painting a double rib boat with thick plastic stencils is a pain. All in all at least it is done. Now I am working on cleaning up the rat nest of wiring under the console. Plan is to have the rig put back together and ready to run by Sunday of next weekend. Here are a couple pix.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363553875.971440.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363553892.166278.jpg

Got to do a lot of the wiring under the console. It is still jumbled up but I haven't got to zip tie everything up yet. Tonight I hope to get the battery compartment ready and that wiring mess figured out and cleaned up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363690257.284063.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363690275.123747.jpg

Latest posts