Killer Trash Fish!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigngrub

Reaction score
Was out on the lake for a couple hours yesterday and got this thing.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v203/greencoachdog/?action=view&current=Buffaloattackpart1.mp4

Got seasick before I ever saw the fish. You should have had him mounted.
Buffalo are sold at the seafood counter in the chicago area, don't know the price.
Tim

Yeah, I gotta work on holding my camera more steady... I was holding it by the lanyard in my rod hand.

I read there was a commercial market for them, and that the meat is white and tender... but bony.

That's the third one of those beasts I've caught, always while crappie fishing... but that was the first one I'd ever caught trolling, the other 2 were on minnows.

The other 2:
DSC01330.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

I've never caught a little one.

Wow!

That is ugly!!!

And so is the fish!!! :LMFAO:

You need a partner in the boat to take those videos....that is if you can find someone who can tolerate you for an afternoon...

Nice job landing that on light tackle! It's always fun to land a big fish...unless it's a sheephead while trolling for monster walleye on Quinte!!

ccmt said:
Wow!

That is ugly!!!

And so is the fish!!! :LMFAO:

You need a partner in the boat to take those videos....that is if you can find someone who can tolerate you for an afternoon...

Nice job landing that on light tackle! It's always fun to land a big fish...unless it's a sheephead while trolling for monster walleye on Quinte!!

When I come up there and fish out of your boat with you you'll see why I fish alone 99% of the time. :twisted:

Keep that camera handy on Quinte, I want to see who caught what and who sat on their butt! :D

... btw, has you looked in the mirror lately? :mrgreen:

A friend and I stop at this little restaurant about mid way down on our way to deer camp each year and buy some buffalo ribs. They fry them just like fried chicken. We load them down with hot sauce and snack on them the rest of the way to camp. I know the fish is supposed to be very boney, but the ribs are great. Other than that, I don't know much about that species of fish. Nice job landing that with the light rigging.

DanMC said:
Are those fish carp species ?....i used to catch similar looking fish on the Danube over in Romania =D> ,a long time ago !
Dan
The buffalo species are members of the sucker family while the common carp is a member of the minnow family

Nice catch. I have a question for you wheres the ice on the lake :lol: Weather looks nice compared to here we had a high today of 19

They are a strong fighting fish, we use to go right after a rain, whip up some cornmeal and head on out.