Lowe Boat Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I didn't think it was going to be this much work, I decided to concentrate my efforts on the inside ribs and floor of boat. Since finding the corrosion problem and getting the right info from the great people here the decision to go the extra mile was easy. The weather here is going to be excellent for the next couple of day's so I will sand the first coat down tommorrow rinse it off real good and hopefully lay the second coat of primer on Monday as I am going fishing Sunday. Thanks for all the great info and hope all have a wonderfull spring fishing season!

Caught a break in the weather and decided to paint. Sanded and primed with self etch duplicolor spray bomb.IMG_0916.JPG

Then a little sanding and a coat of aluminum primer.IMG_0915.JPG

Had to wait for the weather again and finally put the real paint down Pettit Easypoxy Black.IMG_0924.JPG
IMG_0921.JPG

Pictures don't due this paint justice. This stuff shines like crazy. Anyway I am going to give a detailed write up in the boat talk forum about my painting experiences and when I have a chance to paint the inside I will post up new pics. Thanks for looking........

Finally got the whole boat painted and here are some picks, black outside, red inside, Pettit easypoxy with non skid additive on front deck, back bench seats and the floor which isn't in the boat ( removable aluminum floor ).
IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG

danmyersmn said:
wow that looks great! What non slip additive did you mix with the Pettit?

I used the Pettit 9900 Skidless Compound, Put a coat of paint down sprinkled it on the paint and then rolled another coat of paint over top.

Looks incredible! I'm pretty partial to that black/red color scheme. I almost went with it, but the red just didn't match my carpet, hence the maroon! Looks great.

No carpet for this boat, sick of it coming unglued, sick of trying to get the glue off the aluminum or wood, NAKED is this :lol: No fuss No Muss :lol:

fish18 said:
danmyersmn said:
wow that looks great! What non slip additive did you mix with the Pettit?

I used the Pettit 9900 Skidless Compound, Put a coat of paint down sprinkled it on the paint and then rolled another coat of paint over top.

Rubber like stuff or sand like stuff? oh, n/m Jamestown Distributing has a description. Silicon Oxide

It is not rubber, It is not sand but it is coarse like sand. Very fine granulars. I sprinkled it on pretty thick and proly used way to much but what the heck, you can tone it down if it's to rough for you by putting another coat of paint over it.