Meanmouth's Project--Finished--Page 10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sturdi87 said:
And you are absolutely right, I don't have a PHD but I am almost positive that how hot it is going to get when your out on the water basking in the sun depends entirely on the color, not the composition of the material.

:LOL2:

I don't have a PHD either, but black metal gets alot hotter than black plastic, and that is because the compostion of the material. Specifically because metal is a better conducter of heat.

Ever fried an egg in summer on black asphalt? Try it on your black t-shirt.

MeanMouth,
I'm glad you have the product installed on your truck bed, so at least you know what you are getting. After putting it on my trailer, I knew that I wouldn't want it in my boat for the reasons I stated. Sounds like those aren't issues for you.

Good luck, and I hope you'll be able to give good reviews about it someday.

Troutman3000 said:
Where can you get this Herculiner and how much does it cost?

Ace Hardware was the cheapest I could find it $74.99 You can save an additional 10% if you want to get their customer card.

Brine said:
Troutman3000 said:

Ace Hardware was the cheapest I could find it $74.99 You can save an additional 10% if you want to get their customer card.
Ace Hardware is certainly the cheapest, and trust me, I've searched everywhere. I went into one of their stores yesterday, and they said they can order any color that Herculiner makes, with a 2 or 3 day shipping time.

So, for $74.99, you get 1 Gallon of Herculiner, along with a couple rollers and everything you need.

To save money, I think I'll be repainting the exterior/interior of the boat green, and leave the Herculiner to the deck and flooring.

MeanMouth said:
Brine said:
Troutman3000 said:

Ace Hardware is certainly the cheapest, and trust me, I've searched everywhere. I went into one of their stores yesterday, and they said they can order any color that Herculiner makes, with a 2 or 3 day shipping time.

So, for $74.99, you get 1 Gallon of Herculiner, along with a couple rollers and everything you need.

To save money, I think I'll be repainting the exterior/interior of the boat green, and leave the Herculiner to the deck and flooring.

My local Advance Auto agreed to match Ace's price (74.99) - my local Ace stores didn't stock it but you can order it online and have it shipped to the store for free - I just took the info from the Ace website showing price and free ship to store info - and Advance matched the price and I had it the same day.

jl-327 said:
My local Advance Auto agreed to match Ace's price (74.99) - my local Ace stores didn't stock it but you can order it online and have it shipped to the store for free - I just took the info from the Ace website showing price and free ship to store info - and Advance matched the price and I had it the same day.

Good to know!

and

:WELCOME:

A little update as of yesterday. The front deck of aluminum diamond plate has been cut, and my Dad finished with the aluminum trolling motor mount.

1-2.png

Today is going to be nice (around 60 degrees) so we've cleaned the boat, wiped it down with mineral spirits, taped it off and will be applying the Herculiner to the inside of the boat. Will post pictures later today of the process.

Man, this mod is looking GREAT :shock:
The metal work is absolutely top quality. Thanks for sharing.

I wish I would have had the money, to do aluminum in my boat.
I will have to see how long this Plywood lasts. Then maybe go all metal. IDK though
Cant wait to see more. =D>

jl-327 said:

They wouldn't budge off their price for me in GA, so I guess it's an individual location decision. How about posting up the store that did. I'd like to talk to them.

Thanks,
Brine

That's looking good =D> . That TM mount is looking stout.

dyeguy1212 said:
What did you cut the diamond plate with? I sure as hell know I couldnt make an even cut like that with a jigsaw :?
Skinny blade on a reciprocating saw, and finished with a grinder. (thanks brine :wink:)

P1020139.jpg

Alright, so the first coat of Herculiner has been appied. The easiest thing to do is to cover as much as you can with the roller, and then switch to the 2" brush to get into the tight spots. It went on easy, just make sure to hit any "bare aluminum" with a self etching primer.

The pieces of aluminum flooring will cover the bottom because we still want water to flow aft without any hesitation. A second coat is required and will hopefully be done today as well.

P1020138.jpg

The picture above is a reciprocating saw :wink:

Brine said:
The picture above is a reciprocating saw :wink:
Sorry Brine, I combined two different thoughts...

The initial cut was with the recip saw, then smoothed out with a grinder.

Latest posts