mirrocraft build duck boat conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be complete overhaul wood free, .125 floor and casting decks foam filled. My son wants to fish so he says the paint is fine, looking forward to this!

So far stripped and primed the trailer new bearing and races guide on's will go on this week. PVC lumber for the bunks new keel rollers

I have most of the metal thinking through the lay out

moving fuel and batteries to the bow(25 is very heavy)

side boxes to stiffen up the boat

Thinking about soda blasting the boat

This boat will be used to control duck populations where needed, one more pic

Attachments

• Resampled952011-09-039509-54-0995730.jpg
    Resampled952011-09-039509-54-0995730.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 1,146
Is that a 14'? looks just like mine before I cut the transom down. What part of the country do you control the duck population? I grew up in south Texas, had my fair share of duck's down. No real good place to do it here in west central Florida.....I miss shooting the quackers.

this is a mid 70"s 16' boat I live in north central Ohio....this boat has been used , slide crossed ice ,breaking ice, beat on the rocks hunting, and lived to be reborn :lol:

She is coming together .....stripped steal flexed new lamented tranaum......rear casting deck done....floor braces are cut ....they will be in in a fe days

Attachments

• 2012-08-17_15-07-33_755.jpg
    2012-08-17_15-07-33_755.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 973
Sweet rig. Looking good. Have you ever used the PVC lumber for bunks? I'm curious how the hold up, especially in freezing conditions.

Another guy from Ohio! I fish out of West Harbor a bit myself, Although I live in Columbus -Hilliard area. Good luck on the conversion, if you are ever in my area come check it out