My 2012 tracker 1542 build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be going to pickup my steering console, control box and shift cables saturday and hopefully converting over to remote steer as well. Will post pics of the completion. The more i think about it. The wood isnt mounted directly to the aluminum up front and on the floor there is 3/4" r25 board as well as the wood being wrapped in carpet where in contact with the aluminum so i should be ok. But as stated time will tell

Zach, thanks very much for sharing your work. Though, it's probably late now, I was wondering what that metal ribbon you are using to connect the wood on the front deck framing to the aluminum seats and how they are screwed in. I am also interested in knowing how supportive the edge of the deck is near the gunwale where it doesnt seem to be supported.

Its simply a piano hinges on the front deck, and as far as attaching the wood to the aluminium bench i used deck hangers from home depot and drilled 1/2" holes into the aluminum and used 3/8ths toggle bolts to secure them to the benches. Hope this helps

The popcorn comment made me laugh...I think we all read treated wood and expected an interesting response.

Boat looks greats, congrats! Enjoy and catch a lot of fish!

I see your post is a little older but was wondering what thickness of plywood u used ? I have the same boat and will be starting some renos soon

Nice build Zach...FYI keep those seats covered when you are not using the boat as they fade from a nice MAX-4 to something different.

Latest posts