My neighbors 1962 T-bird

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
My neighbor had his fully restored 1962 T-bird sitting in their driveway.
When something broke in the trans or driveline allowing the car to roll out of the driveway and across the street.
It missed the cars in the driveway across street but hit a chain link fence which turned the car sideways with the back end of the car ending up under a small deck taking out a 4x4 post.
I didn't see that side of the car, but it was all very sad.

A long time ago, in the middle of winter, with extremely slippery conditions, a fellow came into the 7-11 parking lot and parked on an incline in front of the store. He exited the car and headed in for some cigarettes. While he was in the store, the car simply slid back even though it was in park. The wheels didn't move. It slid back fast into the parking spot behind him where the fellow who was parked there had just left. And there the car sat. The fellow who owned the car came out of the 7-11 only to find his car not where he parked it. I pointed to where it was and told him what happened. He was feeling lucky that day I'll bet.

A long time ago, in the middle of winter, with extremely slippery conditions, a fellow came into the 7-11 parking lot and parked on an incline in front of the store. He exited the car and headed in for some cigarettes. While he was in the store, the car simply slid back even though it was in park. The wheels didn't move. It slid back fast into the parking spot behind him where the fellow who was parked there had just left. And there the car sat. The fellow who owned the car came out of the 7-11 only to find his car not where he parked it. I pointed to where it was and told him what happened. He was feeling lucky that day I'll bet.
I ran a parking lot for close to 2 decades here in NJ. The left side of the lot had a decent enough slope, maybe 2 degrees (doesn't sound like much). But if I didn't spin the tires to make a small ditch before getting out of the car on a snowy or Icey day, they'd slide down that incline all the time

Being an old, retired Fire Rescue guy I saw a lot of times where even Fire Trucks slid on the ice when we stopped and had the vehicles air brakes engaged; funny thing about ice as it doesn't take much to make any vehicle slip!
Was a witness to this type of event many, many times over 30+ years; we even showed the Chief how we could move a Fire Engine across a parking lot that was full of ice, we just pushed it sideways and it slid fairly well.

Latest posts