navigation lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
Im trying to decide wheather to purchase a regular bow light like the bass pro shops bicolored one or one of those that are on a pole. My trolling motor is bow mounted and i dont know which one would be better. Any advice

Either will work. The ones on the pole are nice if you have the trolling motor in the way.

T-MAN said:
Im trying to decide wheather to purchase a regular bow light like the bass pro shops bicolored one or one of those that are on a pole. My trolling motor is bow mounted and i dont know which one would be better. Any advice

If the low mounted bow lights can not be seen from different angles because of the trolling motor, then use the raised light pole, because you are subject for a ticket, be safe and use the pole lights.

The standard, or my interpretation of the standard is that the navigation lights, red/green must be visible for 112 degrees from the front of the vessel. The white "anchor" light has to be visible 360 degrees. The rules change with the size of your boat. Hope that helps

rgpemt said:
The standard, or my interpretation of the standard is that the navigation lights, red/green must be visible for 112 degrees from the front of the vessel. The white "anchor" light has to be visible 360 degrees. The rules change with the size of your boat. Hope that helps

Thanks, that helps me. I think im going to buy the post light due to the trolling motor being in the way up front

My anchor mounts up on the bow so I had to figure something out as well. I ended up going with the "D" cell battery powered bow and stern lights from Walmart....alot less wiring and when I'm fishing during the day I don't need to have them up. I ended up making a little mounting tab out of some flat aluminum from Menards for the bow light takes all of 3 seconds to put each light on and turn them on.

jellio5 said:
My anchor mounts up on the bow so I had to figure something out as well. I ended up going with the "D" cell battery powered bow and stern lights from Walmart....alot less wiring and when I'm fishing during the day I don't need to have them up. I ended up making a little mounting tab out of some flat aluminum from Menards for the bow light takes all of 3 seconds to put each light on and turn them on.

I tried those the bow light worked fine the way i did it but the clamp wouldnt clamp anywhere with my decks so i used the white light fitting that came with it. Then just used the clamp for the stern light but it wouldnt stay tight it just fell over and scratched up my boat. I will probably just leave the bow light the way it is ( clamp on) and just use the post light for the back.

Latest posts