New live sonar that doesn't reqired a FF

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not something I would personally be interested in, however, I'm all for more competition in the industry as it helps keeps things innovative and competition helps keeps prices relatively lower (yeah I know all this stuff is a still $$$ lol).

I also think Garmin's are made in Taiwan. As far as I know my Hummingbird is still made in Alabama.

Your comment made me go look.

According to Johnson Outdoors' web site, H-birds are still "designed, engineered, manufactured, and maintained in Eufala, Alabama." The only model series "outsourced" is the Piranha series. Of course, they could be importing certain parts, like circuit boards, from offshore suppliers. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Johnson Outdoors' web site also says that Minn Kota trolling motors are also US-made.

Before retiring, I worked for a couple companies that used Taiwan for some of their production. Quality control was very good as they allowed inspectors into their country to check quality before parts left the country. China itself produces faster but less quality control and your only inspection is when their products come into the US. Taiwan has a much higher approval/ quality control, than China themselves. The quality control folks always spoke highly about Taiwan quality. I have a side x side UTV made in Taiwan and the quality has been excellent, even after 10 years.