New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Ed! There is a ton of great information on here and I'm sure that you will be able to get help with anything you need.

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to your build. Don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of helpful people here.

Been lurking for a bit and absolutely love the site. About to fix up the old sears johnboat that my grandfather fostered my love for fishing in. Have gotten lots of ideas from you all. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this great site.

Pleased to have you..looking forward to another great project thread! Get her started!

I'll make sure to take before and after pictures to share with others. Really looking forward to fixing up the boat. I know grampa is smiling from heaven at the fact I'm gonna embark on this.

My name is Rick and tonight I finally purchased my tin boat, a 1987 14ft gamefisher with a 7.5hp gamefisher motor, sounds like it was sale day at Sears when they bought it. He also gave me his 50lb MK copilot and an Eagle Strata FF. I will be the third owner and hope to take it out tomorrow for my maiden voyage in it.
I really dont want to deck it out or anything crazy, but I have been lurking on here for a bit and notice how active the members are and hope to use some of you veterans out there to help field all the questions I am sure to have very soon.
Most of fishing has been catfishing from the shore and now I hope to get into the Bass and Crappie and anything else that will strike when I am out. Well thats it for now, I will take some picture tomorrow as it was dark when I finally got home with my boat.

Welcome Rick!

No need to do any fancy mods if the boat suits your needs! Have fun and be safe on the maiden voyage. We then expect some nice fishing reports from you and pictures of your boat! :beer:

Jim/Fool4Fish, thanks for the welcome. I am already using the boards for information and plan on being an active member helping out whenever I can too.

Hey fellas,

I came across the site during the winter. I wish I would have found it sooner. I got a 1960 Crestliner Sportsman 12" shallow-v. I keep on telling everyone "I'm in to vintage boats". In all reality, I found it for sale one the side of the road for $150 on pay day. :mrgreen: I did a restoration/duck mod in Sept 2010. I'm currently moving some seating around and doing some touchup work. I'll post pics as I go. Unfortunately, I don't have any early pics to show from the original mod.

On thing that I will add is, I gotz one of dem'thar Harbor Freight trailers that's be reworked, tweaked, and modded. I've seen a few posts on that subject 'round these parts. I'll get to a big thread on that when the time comes. Until then, I got some painting to do before the rain hits.

Frawg

Hello from Southeast Michigan

I acquired this boat and trailer on a trade couple years ago, I'm planning to fix it up and put it to use this summer.

My intended use is some fishing of some small ponds and rivers nearby, also transporting my camping gear when we do some island camping in northern lower MI.
Im not much of a fisherman these days, I use to enjoy it on my grandparents farm pond when i was young - catching buckets full of bluegill and sunfish, cleaning and pan frying them on the spot. Now that I have young uns I want to give them a chance at it too.

I dont know much about the boat (or any boat for that matter) other than it has a sticker on the side that reads DELHI. It is just short of 12 feet long and about 44 inches across at the top of the back of the boat (transom?) From what Ive been reading I would guess it to be a 1232? It appears to have some type of foam filled benches. Not much else to it really.

It looks to be in pretty good shape, like stored inside good shape. It doesnt look like it was used all that often, other than to totally geto rig the wood at the back of the boat. So far my plan is to replace the wood, add a floating floor with carpet, add perhaps some padding or carpet to the benches, and go for an electric motor for propulsion. If I get any use out of it then Ill make plans to improve other things at the end of the year.

The other trick is to get the trailer in shape. It looks like some old steel trailer for a 14 foot boat perhaps. It it pretty heavy, has long trailing arms with coil springs and shocks for suspension. It has been messed with, has some rollers and some boards attached to it. Im planning on simplifying it as much as I can and fixing some simple bunks and guides to hold the boat.

Im going to try to attach a couple pictures of the rear of the boat to illustrate what I have to deal with on the wood replacement:

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

Anyway, wish me luck :) Ill take any pointers or advice I can get

HI EVERYONE !!

Can't believe it took me this long to find a friendly site for fellow Tin boat owners.. 8)

My name is Brent and I first developed a love for boating and fishing as a lad growing up in the panhandle of Fla. Currently live in Spartanburg SC and enjoy chasing those little green fish. Right now I'm on my 2nd aluminum boat. First one was a Bass Tracker TX 17 with a 70hp tohatsu. Now I have a Tracker Grizzly 1654 with a 25 hp Merc that is a fishing machine. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how too. I bought it new and it was just a boat and trailer. Everything on the boat I have done myself and its gratifying that way.

Current status
I-pilot trolling motor.. 1000 thumbs up
Hummingbird 898/ down scan and side imaging.. 1000 thumbs up
2001 25 hp 2 stroke Mercury long shaft tiller.. For sale, want more power !
Many other owner mods that I created.

Look forward to being a part of the family... :D

I'm a new member i just acquired a 14 foot ouachita jon boat. i'm new to boating. i got a minnkota 17lb thrust trolling motor with it, but i'm looking for a small pref 4 stroke outboard. i'm near jackson mississippi. thanks