New spinning rod build.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shfishinsticks said:
It's in the mail!!

Awesome! :beer:

Thank you so much for doing this! :USA1:

Since I was not lucky enough to get and hold the rod, I hope Jigster60 chimes in with an initial report and then a report after catching some lunkers!

Will do Jim ....I'll post pic of the rod and the 1st fish i catch with it....I know its gonna be a beauty ...I may just sit it in front of my lazyboy and stare at it all day too :LOL2: ............................JIGGY

=D> =D> =D> :beer: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :USA1: All I can say is OH MY GOD.....

Already put the reel on(Pfleuger Trion G7) and spooled it up with 30 lb power pro braid with 17 lb Vicious florocarbon leader.....Gonna use it tomorrow trying a wacky worm 1st .....then maybe ....throw a #7 floating rapala around some weedlines....then if I don't catch any using those 2 methods I gonna tie a dropshot on it......then if all else fails I'll use a shakeyhead jig.....I quarantee fellers it will get plenty of use.......

Now to the builder ....Scott thats is Best looking rod I have ever seen...The quality of your work is something else.......I threw it around in my yard and let me tell ya it has some really good sensitivity to it and I even hooked a tree limb to test the hook setting strength and ...... i guarantee it will handle anything I will ever get a hold of.....it is really well balanced.

Now to the great guys of Tinboats.net
I truly am blessed to have gotten to know you guys and I thank my God every day for it....I promise I will always show respect to all of you and our little community of fellow sportsmen..... I hope that i show everyone I am a good representative of our community......Again I thank you alllllllllllllllllllllllllll.................................

God be with you all ............................................................................................JIGGY

I have watched this from day 1 and JIGGY is one lucky man have fun with the new (custom) rod.

Glad it was delivered in one piece. Most of my builds are local, so I get worried anytime I mail my rods. Now that you have it, I'd like to comment on the rod. I wish I could have made it lighter. That's one of the drawbacks of using the composite cork. IMO, it is a beast, but at least it's not tip heavy. Wish I would have weighed it before I shipped.

Actually it feels really good ...I like the weight of it because it feels like it has some backbone in it....It balances out real well with the Trion gx7 on it and will do great for the applications I will use it for.......Thanks again..JIGGY

Have you fished it yet? I just finished the 6'9" M/XF model for myself (casting). Fished it Saturday and thought it was pretty nice. I threw hard jerkbaits on it all day. Caught a dozen dinks.

Oh ya I have used it several times ...Used it in a pit yesterday threw a white zoom trick worm it did a great job using it that way caught a bunch of small fish was a lot of fun....I caught some fish using it for a shakey head outfit too .... it has very sensitive feel too it and lots of backbone....I'm a telling ya it is a fabulous rod...I haven't caught anything really big on it yet but it will shine I am sure...JIGGY