Rod build from start to finish.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rods are amazing. It is obvious you take passion in what you do, because the quality is remarkable.

Can you give a little more information about the blue reel seat?

The blue seat is a 16mm Alps triangle. Batson offers them, but only in 5 colors. https://batsonenterprises.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=213&Itemid=276

I got mine from the Rodworks in Australia.....they offer it in 17 color combinations. https://www.therodworks.com.au/index.php?option=com_phpshop&page=shop.browse&category_id=305&keyword=&manufacturer_id=&Itemid=1&orderby=pshop_product.product_name&limit=50&limitstart=0

If you're interested, I have 5 left. 2 Frosty Titanium/Pale gold, 1 Lite TiCh/Red, 1 SIlver and 1 Frosty Titanium.

This one is destined to be a smallie catchin' machine in the hands of a guide on the Lower Niagara River.
mattselliptical1.jpg

mattselliptical2.jpg

Very, very nice! I've been getting the itch to build a rod or two and this thread just makes that itch almost unbearable.

Beautiful work, YES i AGREE WITH THE QUALITY, nice :D

I got my 12yr son into building rods and we only have a few under our belts, We have yet to do cork layouts like yours, we want to add that skill in this year, I do have a question on wraps, your inlays, I'd like to do that, how is that done?, do you have steps of the pics for it by chance?

Truly great work :D

Thanks for the kind words. I am by no means a pro....just a hobby builder that likes to have the right tools for the job. Mattman is a pro when it comes to building rods.

I don't have any pics of my inlays....I'll try to take some better ones when I get to that point on jiggy's rod. I just start the wrap and trim off the tag. Do a couple more turns and place a length of metallic thread (about 5" long) under the wrap. DO a few more turns and trim the tag end. Then I hold both the main thread and inlay thread tight and do 3-5 turns depending on the size on the inlay. I place the inlay thread under the main thread and do a few more turns. Trim the tag end of the metallic and finish the wrap.

I could almost do that......everything but the finish. Glue up the rings on Friday, turn them & glue the grip & seat on Saturday morning...wrap the guides and put the first coat on Saturday night. All while consuming some adult beverages.

Those are pretty sweet, look great, and superb craftsmanship. Love the color combo on the accents on the rod and reel. Great job. I want one LOL

Latest posts