New spinning rod build.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update without pics.....Wrapped some guides when I got home from work today. Just gotta wrap 3 more, the hook keep and do some trim wraps and it'll be ready for finish. Gonna see my graphics guy at our bass club meeting tonight to find out what's going on with the decal artwork. As of right now.....that's the biggest hold-up. Can't totally complete the rod without the decal.

Sounds great.....I got plans for it ...Gonna use it for drop shotting bedding fish and pitching around docks .....Shakey Head fishing and throwing stick baits over weedlines....I am sure it will come in real handy .....I never owned a rod that pretty ....I may just leave it on the deck of boat and stare at it all day :LOL2: ......JIGGY

All the guides and the hook keep are wrapped. Started to do the trim wraps and my eyes gave out. Staring at the computer @ work too much again. Should be putting finish on it by the weekend. All I need now is the decal. Still waiting for the artwork.

12" of snow so far. Lots of rod work will get done IF the power stays on. I really want to put finish on the rod, but the power has been on and off 6 times this morning. My luck.....once I get the finish on, I'll lose it and it won't come back. Then I'll have to turn by hand....in the dark. Maybe I'll just do inventory

No hurry.....Do it the way ya want .....The weather you guys have You have other worries than rod building......JIGGY

No internet at home yet.....gotta post from work. Gonna put the first coat of finish on tonight. Talked to my graphics guy. He just got power back last night. Should have the artwork for the decal this week.

This is the sad sight that is my Lund.
DSCF0002.jpg

Hopefully it'll be thawed out before the spring smallie bite in Erie!

Snow just started falling again. Calling for 6"-10" more.

My home internet is back up!

I put the first coat of finish last night. It looks crappy.....as usual. You can't tell from the pics though.
32epoxycoat1.jpg

33epoxycoat1.jpg

34epoxycoat1.jpg

Second coat went on this evening. It looks much better than the first......almost perfect.
35epoxycoat2.jpg

36epoxycoat2.jpg

37epoxycoat2.jpg

I say almost perfect because I found a fuzzy on the stripper guide wrap at about 1:20 in to the epoxy cure. I managed to remove it and repair the area, but I'm not totally happy with it. I may have to re-coat that guide when I put the decal on. We'll see how it looks in the morning, after it's totally cured.

It's looking great.

Jiggy, have you figured out what reel you're putting on it?

Yessir ....Already bought it.......JIGGY
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Sedona_FD_Spinning_Reel/descpage-SSEFD.html

Shimano Sedona FD Spinning Reel 2500 Right/Left 6.2:1 9.5

jigster60 said:
Yessir ....Already bought it.......JIGGY
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Sedona_FD_Spinning_Reel/descpage-SSEFD.html

Shimano Sedona FD Spinning Reel 2500 Right/Left 6.2:1 9.5

Great reel for the money!

That is gonna be a killer combo!

Latest posts