Newb has almost completed his Richline Updated 4-19!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry it took so long. Been busy. I used fenderwashers to build up the difference in mine and it has worked great. It's a 50 lb thrust and yanks hard on 5 and has withstood the punishment. Here's a pic of each side. not fancy but works.

trolling motor (Small).jpg

trolling motor 2 (Small).jpg

Well I am about finished. Just a couple of finishing touches left to do.

Attachments

• boatnew2.jpg
    boatnew2.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 165
  • boatnew1.jpg
    boatnew1.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 160
  • boatnew.jpg
    boatnew.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 160
If you're talking about the wires coming out of the foot control and then going back to the battery - well it depends on if you mount your foot control or not.

I don't have mine mounted because I want to be able to turn it and move it around so that I can get comfortable while fishing standing. I have the wires coming from the foot control back to the left side of my boat (side my trolling motor is mounted) then run it down the side walls in the channel half way up the wall and behind the ribs.

If you mount it (considering you have a deck) you can drill a hole and run it underneat and then on to where you batteries are.

I have my batteries inside of my middle bench where I cut the top off and took out all of the foam. I have a battery on each side of the bench, and storage in the middle.

your boat turned out awesome. i like the bow extension you built to mount trolling motor to. I have been brainstorming as I drive across this country as to how I"m gonna do mine. How do you like those seats? I got the same ones. I plan on getting better ones later, but these had the best reviews of all the cheap seats.

stew6371 said:
your boat turned out awesome. i like the bow extension you built to mount trolling motor to. I have been brainstorming as I drive across this country as to how I"m gonna do mine. How do you like those seats? I got the same ones. I plan on getting better ones later, but these had the best reviews of all the cheap seats.

Thanks. Yeah the boat was given to me from my wifes grandpa. He had a new hand trolling motor and new seats. I traded the TM for a foot controlled and figured I would get some better seats at a later time. They really arent bad though.

Well I have completed my boat for now. Next step will be to paint it, but that is a long way down the road($$$). I tested it out yesterday evening and this is awesome. Fishes great and fits my needs better. Thanks for all the info and suggestions for this mod. Now I feel like buying another boat and modding it. :lol:

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 421
jwdrummer01 said:
Well I have completed my boat for now. Next step will be to paint it, but that is a long way down the road($$$). I tested it out yesterday evening and this is awesome. Fishes great and fits my needs better. Thanks for all the info and suggestions for this mod. Now I feel like buying another boat and modding it. :lol:

Boat looks good. The puppy is cool too.

Nice Pic Jw,

Unfortunately, your cutie pie little girl stole the glory of a nice LM pic. :lol:

Yeah, I had to redeem myself. My daughter Addy caught this fish and got her pic in the local paper.

Attachments

• addy.JPG
    addy.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 421
Awesome pics, I cant wait to take my kids fishing and get memories like you have.

rcgreat said:
Awesome pics, I cant wait to take my kids fishing and get memories like you have.

Let me echo that! My boy is just 11 mo. and Mom has sibling still in her belly. I can't wait to take them fishing and camping.

I have to ask... the drummer screen name and the Fender hat. So which is it drummer or guitarist? :D

Cheeseball said:
rcgreat said:

Let me echo that! My boy is just 11 mo. and Mom has sibling still in her belly. I can't wait to take them fishing and camping.

I have to ask... the drummer screen name and the Fender hat. So which is it drummer or guitarist? :D

Actually both. My dad has played guitar since he was 16. He always had a guitar sitting around the house and he taught me how to play. I picked up drums on my own. Been playing drums since I was 8 and guitar since I was 10.