Okuma Trio 40

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willfishforfood

Reaction score
Picked up a Trio 40 for side drifting steelhead this summer. I was looking for a low cost reel with a good drag and it's looking good.
The reel was on sale for $49.99. the drag test I do has found that the drag is smooth as is the reel. I will not give full reveiw untill I have 20 fish on the reel.

Reels are doing fine and now have 5 of witch two are high speed. The few fish I got on them were done in quick and worked flawlessly

Attachments

• Trio 40 high speed.JPG
    Trio 40 high speed.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,512
not to be a party pooper but I will never buy Okuma I went threw 4 Okuma I had 2 of the Okuma Makaira Elite I got maybe three fish on them and they bolt blew up it was so bad then I said let me try the spinning reels so I got two Okuma coronados and they where super junk drag goes in and out the bail broke got it fixed and then the gear stripped out so I will never buy Okuma again be careful ...

No problem as I had the same thing happen with there reels a few years back. Also had a high end Shimamo two year fail the first time out and got the Trio to replace it. So if they don't hold up that will also so be posted but at this time the steelhead I've landed on them haven't hurt them.
I only payed $50 for each reel and they felt the best of all the reels in that price range