Outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hevistamper7

Reaction score
I have a 1968 9.5 sport twin short shaft and a 2003 polar kraft 1470 s 15-in chainsaw s the motor doesn't even push the boat up on plane seems like the motor is sitting too low I have a 2006 15 horse Johnson it pushes the boat but the cavitation plate seems a little low below the boat too maybe that's why the 9.5 isn't planning the boat out because the cavitation plate is it below the keel please help

9.5 won't plane a lot of boats depending on weight and distribution. They always look like they're sitting low. I have one that just barely planes my 12' with my daughter and I in it at about 12-13 mph.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

If it helps at all as a kid I had a 15 Johnson on the back of my 12' boat. The boat was light at 80 lbs, I must have been 120 plus a gas can and some oars. However the engine was a long shaft so she sat a fell 5" below where she should have been. She planed out like a mad man!

Steering her was a trick and scary as hell until I raised her up 5" on a home made jackplate.

Latest posts