Paint? (already used search)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I haven't had that issue at all. I used a very sparse coat of Rustoleum Self Etching Primer, the went on withering the latex acrylic.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=363544#p363544 said:
brittonp83 » 17 Aug 2014, 09:51[/url]"]Well after a lot more thought than necessary, I went with 30 yr house paint, a flat enamel in a drab color. I sanded and used a self etching primer. The first coat of paint came out looking like a split pea soup color, but the second is looking a lot better. I knew I couldn't match the color and sheen of the Steelflex so I went a good bit away from it. In the end it came down to the fact that it's just a fishing boat and with this gallon I can finish the outside and do the whole inside cheaper than with the Duralux.

The pics are from just after the second coat.

I work at Lowes here in Maryland in the paint department and have had several people come and get some Reserve for their outdoor projects including a duck blind and a boat so you aren't alone in using it for more than just a house. When we first got it in, the Valspar rep came out and did a demo with us and man it was some impressive stuff so I grabbed a few "Oops" cans from the clearance shelf and used it on some Adirondack chairs I built for the wife and my daughters and man that stuff went on nice. Need to redo my boat after replacing the transom and a few rivets and I was going to blow a ton of money on a bunch of spray cans of Rustoleum but now I'm gonna go with a $15 gallon of the "Oops" Reserve when I see one in a decent color or close enough that I can add some black to to muddy it up.

Latest posts