Poly Marine Livewell Tank Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point all the fittings are glued and sealed or both. Plumbing the lines will be next. So stay tuned.

Plumbing run, Connections done.

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,112
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,112
  • IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,112
  • IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,112
Good to know that the welder works. Gives me some ideas.

I've already got my live well. So I don't need it for that.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I hope the original poster comes back and reports on how successful all this is because I never would have thought the plastic welding would work with all the water weight and bouncing around in a boat. The seam made between the 2 pieces would worry me also because it does not look like it will sit flat on the deck and thereby put stress on the seam. Hope it works for the guy, sure did a lot of work.
Tim

Earl60466 asked me to come back and comment on the performance of my livewell mod. I used it all summer without issue. Mostly on small lakes with minimal lake turbulence. Then in June I took it to Lake Mille Lacs for a week and fished like a mad man. 5 out of the 7 days I was there the water was extremely rough. At first I was reluctant to even take the boat out because I didn't know how it would perform after the rebuild. However eventually I got out in the mix and discovered that boat handled very well in rough water. Then I discovered the boat handled very well in rough water with a full livewell. I then discovered that a full livewell on rough water equals spillage over the top onto the deck. So... lesson learned.... don't fill livewell completely in rough water. The rest of the week the boat and the livewell took a beating on the rough water. Performed like a champ.

So if I was to do it again I would. With confidence.

If anyone has questions post them and I'll try to answer them.

Good for you, glad it worked out and you made a believer out of me.
If I ever do it, I have a 100 watt soldering iron that might work great.
Tim

earl60446 said:
Good for you, glad it worked out and you made a believer out of me.
If I ever do it, I have a 100 watt soldering iron that might work great.
Tim

Holy cow!!! 100watts oughta do you fine!!! LOL...