power trim and tilt performance

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knnymain

Reaction score
I have a 25 hp Yamaha that I run on my 1542 Mirrocraft (see kennys mirrocraft remod). I think the prop is 9x9 1/2. The last time I checked my speed with a gps unit my speed at wot was 26 mph.Would I get any performance changes by adding a small tili and trim unit to my boat.

The speed gain will not be worth the $$$$. Your probably talking approx $300.00 or so for a good one. Then it has to be installed. If you can find a good used CMC unit, that would be great. It bolts on to your transom, and then your motor bolts on to that. I had a used one at one time I got for $250.00, good luck.

Thanks Rusty, I was just bouncing some ideas around while I am remodeling my boat.My locking pin is broken on my motor and i was looking for a way to tilt the motor up and was curious as to if I would get any performance value out a tilt and trim unit. For now i just manually lift the motor and insert a pin. Anyone got any ideas?? ....or should I stop being lazy lol

Latest posts