Remove bench seat top.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasmanian

Reaction score
I bought a 14' Gregor aluminum boat that the previous owner had installed carpet over the seat tops. I need to replace. I don't know how or where the screws or rivets are. I feel stupid asking this but I hve no clue. Do I just start stripping back the carpet and look for attachment points? Thanks for any suggestions.

I bought a 14' Gregor aluminum boat that the previous owner had installed carpet over the seat tops. I need to replace. I don't know how or where the screws or rivets are. I feel stupid asking this but I hve no clue. Do I just start stripping back the carpet and look for attachment points? Thanks for any suggestions.
that's a good start!

Or you can use a screwdriver and start digging thru the carpet to find what was used to attach it. Probably finding a corner and start ripping would be the quickest. Not a fun job, no matter how you go at it !

Always good to welcome a fellow Gregor owner to TinBoats! They are pretty much limited to the West Coast and are no longer made.

I think you have your answer. If replacing the seat tops, you can use the old ones as a template (most helpful for the forward bench).