Seat base plates

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter

Reaction score
Does anybody have a pic of the underside of a seat base plate? I'm trying to figure out why they are so dang expensive for what they are. $20 is the cheapest I have found them and if they are all I think they are I'm going to build them instead of buying them. I found the replacement inserts for about $2 a piece. A little time and a very little bit of material should make a real nice one.

I don't have a pic of the underside of the seat base, but I do agree they are expensive. I recommend buying one and use it as a template for building your own. Then return it afterwards. That way there's no guess work.

shouldnt be to hard to make...like was said buy one then return it when your done

From the ones I have used, the post in inserted into the plate and welded under neath, 1/4" alum plate should work, but for the reliability issues, I would buy mine, jus sayin.

Went and looked at them in the store today. I don't even need to buy one as a template, it's a very simple part to build. I'm going to order the plastic inserts and try to make one to see how it works out.