Securing the Bimini ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are you doing to keep the Bimini from banging up your boat? Was trying to figure out a way to hold it in place and keep it from scratching things up when down. Looked for some sort of rail mounted retaining holders but nothing is coming up. Always seems to want to fall down on one side

Attachments

• IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 2
On my boat, I have a 4" x6" block of wood used as a spacer for a rod holder base. That corner radius on the top hardware touches the corners of each block of wood. I added a price of rubber to protect the bimini cover where it rests on the wood block. I then added a bungee strap on each side to keep it in place. Your gunwales are narrower than mine so you will need to put some type of riser/ spacer whatever to give a place for the top to rest on. You need to be creative to make a rest of some type. If you want to spend some money, "RAM" mounts make all type of mounts for every need in a boat, they are pricey but work well, I have used them for all types of creative holders for different things. Being cheap or thrifty as some refer to, I make as much stuff as I can....

After reading my own post, I thought a pic might help...not sure I would even understand what I wrote !!

Attachments

• 20230818_135325.jpg
    20230818_135325.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 3
On my previous boat, I stored it folded forward. Boat was narrower forward so it spanned the gunnels. I used a couple bungies to hold it down. I wrapped a couple strips of velcro around the loose legs to keep them from bouncing around.
They make a plastic clip to hold loose support bars on bimini tops, got mine off Amazon, only a couple bucks each. The clip clips two poles together to keep them parallel when stored.

Two bungee cords around the back corner cleats works well on mine.

FWIW, I always order my bimini tops a size bigger than recommended so that it goes from gunnel to gunnel. That is necessary because if the bimini is made for a 72" beam, the top of most will only be like 67" wide, as most angle in a bit. For my 72" beam, I order the 75-78" top, and it fits perfectly, gives full coverage and lays better across the transom.

Two bungee cords around the back corner cleats works well on mine.

FWIW, I always order my bimini tops a size bigger than recommended so that it goes from gunnel to gunnel. That is necessary because if the bimini is made for a 72" beam, the top of most will only be like 67" wide, as most angle in a bit. For my 72" beam, I order the 75-78" top, and it fits perfectly, gives full coverage and lays better across the transom.
Yessir....did the same thing on my top !!

Haven't tried it yet as I haven't installed my Bimini yet. I'm gonna see if the rubber molded nav. light holders will fit on the Bimini poles. If they do, that's what I'm going to use for gunnel protection

Haven't tried it yet as I haven't installed my Bimini yet. I'm gonna see if the rubber molded nav. light holders will fit on the Bimini poles. If they do, that's what I'm going to use for gunnel protection

Aw, like a bumper I think. Made me think guy could just take a short section of pool noodle, cut along one side and slide over the Bimini poles for protection.