Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of that,

Did you ever float test her? She should draft pretty freaking skinny. She's as flat as my 7th grade girlfriend................................................... :LOL2:

Pics to come...
I got my aluminum order in today and cut my gunnel panels to fit. I decided I needed a piece of 2x3 angle at the bottom to give the panels a little more rigidity when I finally rivet them permanently.
Tomorrow morning I will get the chases for the console run under the floor and cut out the other four hatches.

Well, I got the console chases under the floor run, 1 1/2" of floatation foam between the runners on the floor and the actual floor riveted down today. I also fit the gunnel panels and riveted the gunnel braces to the gussets on each side. Tomorrow AM I will add the foam in the gunnel cavities and rivet the gunnel panels in place and then get the bow and stern vertical panels cut, fit and installed.
I made a minor change to my console placement and decided to move it back far enough where I can sit on the rear deck and drive. This will give more room in the front and allow the gas tank access to be removed and the tank can slide out if need be. This will also give me enough room to set my casting platform/drink cooler in the bottom of the boat when trailering and running longer distances.
I also bought hose and fittings to plumb my floor drains and came up with a way to drain my recessed floor through my rear drain tubes instead of running the mud and debris into the rear of my boat. I will explain this with pictures tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392424036.677555.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392424049.625183.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392424060.359244.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392424072.342682.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392424083.943541.jpg
Time to go to my ladies house and celebrate Vday the right way...haha

I got two 8' stake out poles and a deck mount bracket for the stern that will double as a grab bar to assist in boarding the boat from the step pods. My buddy rigged up a nice braided stainless hose and fittings to flush my outboard jet and run it on the trailer. I also snagged a great deal on some new Michelins for my fishing/towing truck.
As soon as training at my new job is over I will have some more time to get this thing done!
Thanks for bearing with me on this drawn out build. The good part will be the satisfaction of having it done right and customized to my type of fishing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393210385.612199.jpg

Alright, I got the bow and stern panels cut and fit today along with the chases for rigging wire/steering etc from the console to the trolling motor, nav lights and console to motor. I will get some pictures added tomorrow when I start on her in the morning.
I bought a badass 4000 psi Honda pressure washer today that is going to come in handy cleaning the hull, motor and jack plate.

20 Days bro and it will be your one year anniversary,

Freaking crazy right. My one year has came and went. Its just incredible how fast the time goes by. Anyway its not how fast it gets done, its how good it turns out. Anyone can build junk quickly but your build will be sweet when she's done and when you do it right you don't have to worry bout chit breaking ever other week.

Great work bro keep it up, be patient she's looking great.................... =D>

Thanks Dave. I made some progress today again. I built a motor stand and pulled the motor off so I can flip her over and work on the bottom...ha ha
It just started to rain so Im going to back her under the shed and take some pics. As soon as the rain stops Im going to flip her over and pressure wash the bottom paint off and break out the wire cup/grinder and rough it up so on my next days off I can get the Gator Glide G4 applied.

Sumbeech it got ccccold here! **** weather forecasters are worthless. I think they throw darts at a spinning board with random forecasts on it...
This weekend I am going to get my grind on and get that bottom down to bare aluminum, pressure wash it and get the GatorGlide on. Work has me thrown off once again but soon I will be on my 8 on 6 off schedule and it is going to be on!