Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The progress is staggering! I got one hold down drilled and my girlfriend came over so...any way, I had to angle it so it would bolt through some meat on the transom. I believe they will work great. I am also buying some Fulton Transom Tie Downs with the retractable strap. Stainless of course. My buddy has them on his Maverick trailer and they are awesome.
Here is a link to the cheapest price I could find...

https://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=1675
I will get serious this weekend.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391041788.387374.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391041801.436635.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391042052.909560.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391042061.909227.jpg

Staggering....................................... :LOL2:

The girlfriend's stopping by sure makes us lose a little focus that's for sure............... :wink: The hold down eye looks good. One thing I see people do that makes me crazy is pull the straps way to tight. You watch them release them and the hull jumps up a foot off the trailer................... :LOL2:

Nice and "snug" so the hull doesn't bounce or shift. It just puts a lot of unnecessary down force on the transom.

Paul Marx said:
Dang Smack , that thing is looking awesome .
Thanks Paul, I am taking your motor in for a tune up and getting the cowling painted at my buds shop soon.
I am getting closer to the end every day. The next three days are going to be dedicated to knocking out more work on the boat.

I got the small deck supports cut and riveted in today. Also got the gas tank platform fabbed and installed. I am going to have a vertical access hatch on the back of the front deck so I can slide the tank out if I need to change sending units or just need it out of the way to access underneath the front deck.
If the weather permits I will get the rigging chases done tomorrow morning and cut the deck out and recess the floor and install my under gunnel walls.
It is coming together a little more quickly now. I still have tomorrow and Monday to knock out some milestones and get closer to painting, coating and rigging.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391292749.842493.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391292777.443031.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391292827.358947.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391292843.494062.jpg

I only had a couple of hours to work on her today but got a little more done. I bucked solid aluminum rivets through each deck support clip, cut some old ribs from a scrap boat, added some side wall bracing where I removed the seats and there was not a full side wall brace. I figured this would help sidewall flex and reduce noise from hull slap. I will post a couple of pictures in a minute.

I just got the deck cut and made measurements so what I cut out drops straight down and fits with zero cutting. The plan worked! I am tracking down a local sheet of 48"x96"x0.125" aluminum for the inside gunnel covers. Once I check the fit I cut out my hatches and will take the lid off and get my wire/fuel chases done. After that should be about time to flip her over and prep her bottom for the GatorGlide G4 slick coating. It is looking better every time I get something accomplished.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391560740.304833.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391560754.188071.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the extra ribs I riveted in with solid rivets. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391560988.138508.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391561035.037627.jpg
I also bucked rivets on each clip that holds the stringers in place, I figure they will beef it up even more and make the gunnel cap a little more solid. I got them for $5/50 pieces off Ebay.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391561205.388182.jpg

I know that you have put quite a bit of work into the jet drive engine, but I bet you could put a bigger engine on a jack plate and get just as skinny. Looking killer as usual. =D>

Latest posts