Small Water Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Too an hour this evening to play around in a local small stream. My needle worms were producing more rock bass then Smallies so i switch over to topwater at dusk

What a great time - got into a school of 12" smallies that woudl not quit - they were smashing and slurping my PC Baits Baby Bass Popper every time I pulled it over a sand bar next to a deeper hole. After about 6 bass, I saw a huge wake come charging at my lure and a real nice Smallie (I would guess around 18") smashed the bait, knocked it into the air and then grabbed it again. I got the bass to my feet and it popped off :x

I took a quick photo of the average size bass. The bite shut off at dark, so I left for dinner at just the right moment - after my 12th bass :D

EB_5-8-08.jpg

Nice, I love bringin popin baits over sand bars, fish always smash em as soon as there above a little deeper water. Cant wait for the rain to stop here so I can get out an toss some.

Way to go Mr. Esquired, nice smallies, I have a question for ya, you in the NJ Angler holding a striper?

Nice Smallie brother. The popper is hot hot right now in my lake of the woods caught this one sat. on a Gold Matzuo TopPop on the trusty Light Tackle Spinning Rig.

Attachments

• 7.2 Lbs..jpg
    7.2 Lbs..jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 260

Latest posts