Stake Driving Boat for Crappie Structure

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earlo

Reaction score
On a fishing forum in Texas, I stumbled across the project of a guy from Tennessee that I thought TinBoater's might get a kick out of. Below are a couple of pix, and his entire slide show can be seen at: https://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx327/dawgmanx2/?albumview=slideshow&track=share_email_album_view_click

Enjoy. And thanks again to all on this forum for all the help and advice last Winter.

Attachments

• DSCF0109.jpg
    DSCF0109.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 1,394
  • DSCF0074.jpg
    DSCF0074.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,394
That is pretty cool, I did not know people make fad's (Fish Attracting Devices) for freshwater. We make them all the time, you think he could make me one to stake poles in 1200fsw.......I'm sure the Wahoo, and Tuna would love that. :)

edge540 said:
What the hell is that for?

I was a little unsure when I first looked at it, but found his discussion threads and apparently it's for driving a grid
of stakes into the bed to create vertical structure for crappie fishing. He drives the stake with a longer, smaller
diameter pvc and can place a bed in up to 12 feet of water. Definitely too much time on his hands, but I thought
folks here would appreciate the engineering.

Seems like a lot of work and expense. We just drive around in late December and pick-up discarded Christmas trees and then drop them into piles in lakes and ponds.

Latest posts