Taurus Judge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
earl60446 said:
Frogman Ladue said:
I got a 6.5" in 2.5" in stainless. .....As for shooting the 45lc, this has been the tightest grouping revolver that I own. However, with unadjusted sites, at 7yds I'm shooting 1' high and to the left. Forget trying to put rounds on paper at 25yds. ........

Bottom line...yeah the gun will go bang every time, but you can't hit nuttin with it. ......

Dont know if you have the 6.5" or 2.5" but I guess it really does not matter. You say it is the tightest grouping 45lc revolver you own then you say you can't hit nuttin with it??????? Then you say it shoots high and left with unadjusted sights, why not adjust the sights?

I think it does exactly what it is intended to do, shoots 45lc accurately and reliably plus it can shoot 410 shot loads reliably with a nice pattern at short range 3-5 yards. Up close self defense or snake range type of situation. I also think it looks great in the short barrel and that grip functions great when you shoot one.
Tim

The sights are unadjustible....but will cloverleaf really nicely in a place I didn't intend for it to go.

It's nice as a snake charmer. Then again, plenty of derreingers are available in .45/.410 for half the price.

I think Taurus really lost it's way on this gun. When I got the gun, it was when they first came out. At that time, it was a tracker model. (Judge wasn't on the barrel). It's intended use was for a one-gun-does everything. Taurus was marketing the shot for clay use, .45lc for defence, and at the time 44-40 for "long range shooting". :roll: With dismal feedback on marketing claims, Taurus quickly changed the marketing plan and the gun was dubbed the (Judge)....allegidly, judges would carry this one shot kills all WMD in the court room. When the 3" chamber came out, Taurus remarked the gun for "vehicle defence", showing videos of reps shooting birdshot from a driver's seat at targets right outside the window. Today, Taurus has stapled utters on that bull, and is trying to milk it for all its worth with the "Zombie Responder" under the Raging Judge moniker...

taurus2.jpg

taurus-zombie-responder-b.jpg