TinBoats.net is moving to a new hosting provider.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DocWatson said:
Jim said:
Attachments should be resolved within the next 12 hours.

Some small back end Bologna issues but going good so far.
"back end Bologna" ???? Local slang for Pain in The *** ??? :wink: :roll: :LOL2:

yes! You know those things you take for granted like board email systems and what not. Plus DNS is updating and it has not for me yet.

I fludhed DNS, deleted cookies and cache, rebooted......I am still going to the old site. :lol:

I am this close to editing my hosts file. :LOL2:

Really liking this upgrade,nice to be able to go through posts quickly.
Thanks.

Jim said:
I have disallowed attachments and avatars to allow my guy to move 91,000+ files (16 GB) from the old host to the new host. We dont want to miss any so none will be allowed to be added.

The move has begun, so you might notice even more of a performance hit.

Here's hoping the attachments function will come back up on the new server after the move?

Jim said:
DocWatson said:
Jim said:
Attachments should be resolved within the next 12 hours.

Some small back end Bologna issues but going good so far.
"back end Bologna" ???? Local slang for Pain in The *** ??? :wink: :roll: :LOL2:

yes! You know those things you take for granted like board email systems and what not. Plus DNS is updating and it has not for me yet.

I fludhed DNS, deleted cookies and cache, rebooted......I am still going to the old site. :lol:

I am this close to editing my hosts file. :LOL2:
I know your head is in "The Cloud" (pun intended) with this move, but I thought you'd get the double entendre.... back end Bologna - pain in the *** :wink: :LOL2:

Good God Man !!!! Edit your Hosts File !?!?!?!?! [-X :LOL2:

PATRIOT2 said:
Jim said:
I have disallowed attachments and avatars to allow my guy to move 91,000+ files (16 GB) from the old host to the new host. We dont want to miss any so none will be allowed to be added.

The move has begun, so you might notice even more of a performance hit.

Here's hoping the attachments function will come back up on the new server after the move?

Yes that function will be back, and all the attachments will be back also.

MOVING??? Now i've got to pack up all the stuff in the house, stop the mail, get a forwarding address, clean out the garage........CLEAN OUT THE GARAGE :shock: , frorget it, I'm staying right where I am.

Alphawolf said:
sixgun86 said:
The "Tin boat gear link, aka Shop" is not working. :mrgreen:

All links on the home page have been fixed.
Thanks for all your hard work. =D> =D> =D>

Oh yeah..... Jim too. :wink: :LOL2:

Seriously, big thanks and congrats to you both on such a quick, seamless transition. 8) 8) 8)

Looks good - I hit a couple of slow times switching screens but most of the time, my response time is excellent.

My Photobucket attachments are loading quickly on my old posts with good response time on the zoom feature.

On the main frames, we use to do most of our data transfer with tape, When we consolidated or changed sites, we rented private jets. Networks are so much better now days.

Excellent job so far with minimal down time.

Captain Ahab said:
Tried to get on around 7 am EST and the site was offline - got an error message
That was moi tuning the server. All is fine now though also all pictures should now be showing and you guys/gals are good to go. [-o<
Enjoy!!

Everything for me seems to be working fine, I am however noticing some slowness from time to time but nothing like before.

I'm going to clear my cache and delete my TBN cookies and see if that makes a difference.