TinBoats.net is moving to a new hosting provider.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gramps50 said:
Everything for me seems to be working fine, I am however noticing some slowness from time to time but nothing like before.

I'm going to clear my cache and delete my TBN cookies and see if that makes a difference.

yes we are aware of this and are working on it.

Jim said:
Gramps50 said:
Everything for me seems to be working fine, I am however noticing some slowness from time to time but nothing like before.

I'm going to clear my cache and delete my TBN cookies and see if that makes a difference.

yes we are aware of this and are working on it.

Okay then I won't do anything on this end til you get it sorted out.

I have used this to test sites and pages https://gtmetrix.com/

Thanks Jim & Alphawolf =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Not being an internet gearhead, I can only imagine the headaches You guys have gone through. Thanks again for such a neat site to go to. Here's to You :beer:

novaman said:
Thanks Jim & Alphawolf =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Not being an internet gearhead, I can only imagine the headaches You guys have gone through. Thanks again for such a neat site to go to. Here's to You :beer:

X2+ Great site!!! =D> =D> =D> :beer: :beer:

(notice that I probably drink more beer than Novaman :LOL2: )

Rippen Lips said:
Site loading very slow for me tonight. FireFox

Same here, FF also, once it loaded it seemed okay but the initial load was terrible.

Just tried it again 11:33 pm cdt, it was super fast....... :roll:

My site loading is slow today too, kinda hit and miss whether I even get it. I navigate away and do something else, then come back and get on, but often very slowly. But it's such a great site, I keep coming back =D>

alright then...................

It looks like we are going to be moving the forum again, same host but a different Physical server. If that does not fix the spotty performance I will be moving the site to a newer host. I will give as much warning as possible.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Thank you Jim for this site and always trying to make it better. Moving to a new server on the same host should be easier and faster than the last time, fingers crossed here. Good luck!!

If we can do anything just holler.

I don't know if I'm in good enough shape for a move like this.

Leave no man behind folks...

Starting Sunday I'll be out of time for 2 weeks so that would be a great time for me. ;-)

FYI: The last couple of days I have not noticed any slow down at all, loads fast and is responsive when browsing the forums.

Gramps50 said:
FYI: The last couple of days I have not noticed any slow down at all, loads fast and is responsive when browsing the forums.

I know, that is the problem. We are trying to identify what causes the sporadic, temporary decline in performance.

Looks like we will be moving forward with the move to a new physical server. We are just hashing out the details to minimize down time. There will be an IP change, but it should be seamless for you the end user. I am hoping some time within the next week or so.

Jim said:
Holy crap! Never want to go through that again! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Jim, Glad you got it back up and running =D> =D> ! I was really missing my TinBoats "fix" with my morning coffee!!!!!