TinBoats.net is moving to a new hosting provider.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gillhunter said:
Jim said:
Holy crap! Never want to go through that again! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Jim, Glad you got it back up and running =D> =D> ! I was really missing my TinBoats "fix" with my morning coffee!!!!!

I am glad to - I was starting to get the shakes :beer:

I work in Information Technology, so I know how very important clear and effective communication is when dealing with upgrades, moves, change management......etc. There was none with this move. I also know that there was a language barrier that complicated things even more. I could tell from the responses that Nazir, Ahmed, and Samir were giving me, that they were not from around here so I know there was going to be a challenge with my wants and needs. But this was over the top. Coupled with the fact that I was given the wrong information TWICE it just delayed the process.

Anywho, not to vent too much :LOL2:

I just want everything to work smoothly.

Jim said:
I work in Information Technology, so I know how very important clear and effective communication is when dealing with upgrades, moves, change management......etc. There was none with this move. I also know that there was a language barrier that complicated things even more. I could tell from the responses that Nazir, Ahmed, and Samir were giving me, that they were not from around here so I know there was going to be a challenge with my wants and needs. But this was over the top. Coupled with the fact that I was given the wrong information TWICE it just delayed the process.

I blame the usual suspects

BassAddict, Popeye, Fish"in"cop, Redbug, Fender (most likely it was Fender) and a few others who shall not be named

Glad things are all good with the move. A day without TinBoats gets me a bit on edge.

Attachments

• AddEmoticons04222.gif
    AddEmoticons04222.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 443
I am SO glad Tinboats is back up...that was a scary dy yesterday.

In honor of National Talk Like A Pirate Day ---- Ahoy to all my maties at Tinboats!

Wow, nice to have it back again. I was Jones'n pretty bad. Getting cranky, couldn't concentrate, told myself I could do without it whenever I decided. But...
So Jim, many thanks. Now I'm afraid to log off

had an eventful day on the boat monday. tried to share new ideas on here and was lost when i got that error measage. didnt know i could have withdraws from a forum. happy to have it back

my last few days at work have been long thank goodness tinboats is back online

allways a good way to burn off a work day by surfing the site all day off and on between the work

nlester said:
Jim said:

I had been recovering from an eye operation when this occurred but my vision is 20/20 now and you did well. It sounds like a IT project I did involving Mexico and New Zealand. It took me over a week before I could understand the "English", the New Zealand crew was using in the conference calls and to realize that every answer from Mexico was "SI", whither they understood me or not.

One day, the IT crew from the New Zealand crew was in Mexico for acceptance testing and they told me that because of technical dificulties, the Mexican IT center would be down for about 3 hours, but I knew that the Mexican team was playing the New Zealand "All Blacks" in the World Cup. Both groups went to the Cantina to watch the game.

I came out of that saying, "I never want to be in charge of anything again."

You did a good job, belated congratulations.

Latest posts