TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S&MFISH said:
Waiting for the granddaughter to get home from school,then off to Simpson for the evening.

Let me know how you do Steve. Haven't been in the park all year yet. Been real tempted to get there though.

*pumps fist* SCORE!!!!! Been looking off and on for a cheap trolling motor for the boat, wading through junk on CL right and left. Saw Minnkota's still got rebates going on, so I thought I'd swing past the local Wallyworld to see what they wanted locally for 30# motor. Dept manager told me that the Walmart website lied, they don't stock trolling motors, but they did get an oddball return in today - unopened. I asked what her plans were, she said "don't have any - there's no stock room for it, so it needs to go. Make me an offer, higher than zero."

Soooooooooooo brand new in box Minnkota 40# TM for $40. I'm gonna see if they'll bite on the rebate too - that'll drop it down to $15. :lol:

Now to find a battery...

Sat for a couple hours at a fishing spot i have chasing kitties..

Went to take off and my motor revved up and no forward movement to match the rpm's. I'm thinkin great what now.. must have spun my impeller or something stupid..

Nope..

Ended up sucking up a 9' piece of rope in my jet that someone left in the water..

Stupid deal.. people need to learn to clean up after themselves.. stop littering..

pack it in .. pack it out..

Canoeman said:
Ended up sucking up a 9' piece of rope in my jet.

Been there done that. Last year I blasting up Lake of the Ozarks,when I noticed my anchor rope leaving the boat. By the time I got stopped to check it out,the jet had sucked about 12ft of it into the intake. Lucky,I was able to troll to shore in a shallow cove,disassemble the foot,and retrieve the rope. Lucky because the rope was not ingested by the impeller.Took about 25min to fix. That was a GOOD day for me.

Parents of the year! :LOL2:

crazy-parenting-fails-parenting-fails-that-didnt-go-as-planned.gif

just have to vent!!!!!
why the heck cant your neighbors just talk to you when they have an issue?
mine called the dog catcher about my basset hounds barking !!!
i didnt say a word when i found their daughters throwing sticks at them or when they broke the fence by jumping on it
or even when he came into my yard twice once to block the dog door to keep my dogs in and the other time to borrow a cooler for a party he was having that we weren't invited to. i asked him why he did that and didnt come knock on the door he stammered and didnt have an answer i used a few choice words and walked away
oh he also cut tree branches off a tree that was hanging near the property line but he cut them to the trunk that was 5 ft off the line

redbug said:
just have to vent!!!!!
i didnt say a word when i found their daughters throwing sticks at them or when they broke the fence by jumping on it
or even when he came into my yard twice once to block the dog door to keep my dogs in and the other time to borrow a cooler for a party he was having that we weren't invited to. i asked him why he did that and didnt come knock on the door he stammered and didnt have an answer i used a few choice words and walked away
oh he also cut tree branches off a tree that was hanging near the property line but he cut them to the trunk that was 5 ft off the line

Looks like it's time for them to move.

redbug said:
just have to vent!!!!!

Wow, and I thought my GF's new neighbors were irritating!

BTW, I had a Basset hound once. Her bark could wake up the dead! She was a very lovable dog.

redbug said:
just have to vent!!!!!

What you need to do is go buy two 40lb bags of rock salt and sprinkle them all over his yard at night and when he turns his sprinklers on watch his grass burn to nothing but dirt with in a week. :D just sayin....

redbug said:
just have to vent!!!!!

Instead of just spreading the salt randomly, draw pictures or write words with it. I have a neighbor that routes the hose from her sump pump to discharge under my fence. While the hose is entirely on her property I get the discharge and during very wet times, it washes away dirt under the fence which wildlife then furrows out even more. I used to just flip the hose towards her house but now that she added a fence/gate I don’t have easy access to do that. With the hose end so close to my fence, I can grab it with one of those spring loaded mechanical fingers and pull it to me a bit. Sticks and other debris have been known to find their way in the end of the hose.

bcbouy said:
my porterhouse was so big it gave me meat sweats

And I’m gonna have Ramen Noodles for lunch

Popeye said:
... With the hose end so close to my fence, I can grab it with one of those spring loaded mechanical fingers and pull it to me a bit. Sticks and other debris have been known to find their way in the end of the hose.

Yep. We had that problem - amazing how fast that hose can get redirected when it keeps getting shop rags in it...

In other news - I get to sleep in the garage for the next month.

Found a new in box HDS7 on clearance that still meets the rebate specs, so while I'll be on the cold, hard concrete for a bit at least I'll have a shiney new fishfinder to play with. :D

The hammer came down though, no more fishing stuff (except bait and launch fees) until winter. (we'll see about that!)

redbug said:
just have to vent!!!!!

I smell a suspect in some missing equipment, just sayin. . . .

Popeye said:
I get the discharge and during very wet times, it washes away dirt under the fence which wildlife then furrows out even more. I used to just flip the hose towards her house but now that she added a fence/gate I don’t have easy access to do that. With the hose end so close to my fence, I can grab it with one of those spring loaded mechanical fingers and pull it to me a bit. Sticks and other debris have been known to find their way in the end of the hose.

My GF's property is on a hill so she has a neighbor on the north side that sits higher than her property. Everyone who sits higher on one side drains their rain water run off into the street using one method or another. This neighbor waters his back yard too much so all of the water runs off down the slope into my GF's side yard and when it rains, it's even worse. We tried plugging those weep holes in the block wall, but he always unplugs them because I imagine it floods his backyard, so, one day I climbed the side bank and dug a small trench on my GF's side of the property line and now all of his excess water floods his front yard! I think he finally got the message.

Five months ago I had a root canal.
Last night, I cracked that took in half flossing.
Today, dentist glued it back together and told me now I need a crown.
Tonight, broke tooth again.
Tomorrow...tooth extraction...and it's not even the same tooth!

Don't think I'll be wasting a dollar on the Lotto this week. #-o

fender66 said:
Five months ago I had a root canal.
Last night, I cracked that took in half flossing.
Today, dentist glued it back together and told me now I need a crown.
Tonight, broke tooth again.
Tomorrow...tooth extraction...and it's not even the same tooth!

Don't think I'll be wasting a dollar on the Lotto this week. #-o

Youch!

I have no idea where to mount my new HDS7. It's not like I have a ton of options on a 12' boat, but I have a feeling it's probably going to end up on the bench seat in front of me.

I need a bigger boat. :(