Trolling Motor Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdavis821

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been answered before but here goes. I Have a 14' flat bottom and I am wanting mount a transom mount trolling motor on the front. I have been looking and looking for some kind of bracket that is not to expensive or some kind of idea on how to build something. Can anyone help?

here's one thread
https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42074&hilit=transom+mount+trolling+motor+on+bow

That's a great idea but my boat doesn't have a wide lip like yours to attach the bracket too.

hdavis821 said:
That's a great idea but my boat doesn't have a wide lip like yours to attach the bracket too.

It might help if you post a picture of where you want to mount the trolling motor on your boat.

i went to the local steel wholesaler and picked up a piece of 3" x 3" x 0.1875" angle aluminum about 6 inches long. will mount it to the flat deck i have in the front of my boat and use a piece of 2x4 so the trolling motor will clamp to the aluminum and 2x4. maybe a $15 mount

^^^^ X2

Works very well, there are some pics in the lowe link in my sig.