Truck Beds

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueWaterLED

Reaction score
We really haven't had any good pics of our truck bed kits installed until now, so here is one of my favorites:

ry%3D400

I didn't think we'd sell as many colored packages as we have. I originally designed this for guys with lids and expected them to buy white light just for function. I love the way the blue looks against his window graphic.

I know the power source is usually the tail lights but I would more like to be able to turn them on and off as needed and not have them on all the time. Maybe have to figure where to mount a switch and maybe pull hot line from an always hot line too. If it was my truck I wold have some in there already. It's the wife's truck so I need to sell her on it first.

I like the idea. I am going to buy a set when I get my new truck. It will be nice to be able to turn them on from the back of the truck..there is just not enough light back there.

jkbirocz said:
That looks great. My dad has been eyeing similar products lately, I may pick up a kit for him for Chirstmas.

You might as well pick up three kits - he will soon be changing them out for a different color anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have toyed with the different ways to switch these kits. Although I still think the easiest place to grab power is the trailer plug, I do think that a switch should be located either inside the tailgate or under the lip of the bed rail.

With a little work a tilt switch could be mounted on the outer edge of the tail gate so that it activates when the gate is dropped. If it weren't for the PITA running of the wire, using the rear bed light fixture would be ideal.

Why not go off the powerpoint on the newer mods. that have as pow.point in the bed? For the older mods. I would say a direct wire from the batt. or fuse box in the eng. compt. running it through flex tube like org. man. wireing. Just a sugestion !!

If my Silverado had a hot circuit in the bed I would use that. Ideally it would come on by itself or when the cargo light came on so a separate switch wouldn't be needed. The cargo light is above the rear window and I don’t want to leave exposed wires hanging out so that would be a chore to run the wires out the cab. Not a big fan of running wires the entire length of a vehicle.

Latest posts