Upper Potomac

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoshKeller said:
I showed you the ropes on hancock - fish there lol

Planned to. Had the boat hooked up and ready to go Saturday night, I was all excited!! But some things came up and I needed to stay close to home. So behind the house it was. Never do very well on that stretch of the river below dam 5 though. If the river gets up a bit I might head up there on Sunday!!

you need a gps - youd have the routes already saved lol

BigTerp said:
JoshKeller said:
I showed you the ropes on hancock - fish there lol

Planned to. Had the boat hooked up and ready to go Saturday night, I was all excited!! But some things came up and I needed to stay close to home. So behind the house it was. Never do very well on that stretch of the river below dam 5 though. If the river gets up a bit I might head up there on Sunday!!

Dam, I would be thrilled getting one fish like that on the Delaware. I've never gotten a smallie over 20" but I have limited gear and don't really try that hard.

Fished a tributary today for the first time. Main river current breaks were holding the bigger fish. Swimbaits were catching much bigger fish than tubes.

We finished with 63 total, 9 over 3 pounds. My buddy got his personal best of 4.3 lbs, 20 inches even. We didnt take a ton of pics, but heres a few off my phone.

River was finally down enough. Put 26 in the boat. All dink smallies with the largest being 12". Went out of McCoys and up toward Hancock. Good day on the river!.

My last 2 times out we boated 18 and 16. Averaged about 3-4 fish per hour. All caught on 2.75" tubes. Smaller fish were on the banks with the bigger ones in the current breaks out in the middle of the river. Just about every rock, log, etc. that was big enough to break up the current in the main river channel was holding fish. Most in the 8-12" range with the biggest being 15".

24d75272-51c9-4b8e-951b-3de1932d7ce6_zpsaur71tgv.jpg

13%20inch%205-28-16_zpskwdwh91j.png

Out last night. Water temp 78 degrees. Put 20 in the boat. Largest 13" Water pretty stained but it didn't bother the bite. Rapala Husky jerk lure of choice.

97Aero said:
Out last night. Water temp 78 degrees. Put 20 in the boat. Largest 13" Water pretty stained but it didn't bother the bite. Rapala Husky jerk lure of choice.

About the same for me. Fished Saturday morning for 5 hours and caught 25. Most on the 10-12" range with a handful over 12". All caught on 2.75" and 3.5" tubes in colors from green pumpkin to cotton candy pink.

Put 20 Smallies, 10 Cats and a couple of sunfish in the boat today. Water temp 83 degrees. Largest small 16" and Cat 20"
Good day on the water. Did manage to bust off the transducer to my Hummingbird. Arrgghhh. Action made up for it.

Fished between Taylor's Landing and Snyder's Landing Saturday morning. Fishing was tough, but we managed to get 10 in the boat. Got SOAKED with a few downpours. Biggest went just shy of 18". Left a little paint on a few rocks, but no holes or major damage so I can't complain.

Finally had enough river to take the G3 up from McCoys Ferry. Put 17 in the boat in the morning. Largest 14". Water temp 62 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2,366
I did the same and took advantage of the uptick in water levels Sunday. Haven't had the boat out since early August. 63 degree water temp and muddy. Grass floating in the water was a huge PITA!! Only managed 2 fish in about 3 hours of fishing and missed probably 5 or 6 more. One at 14" and another at 18" 2#13oz. The second made the trip worth it.

20161002_111700_zpsevozhd8y.jpg

5c100dea-b580-4a4d-b7e3-f99783280028_zpsjubrrdd1.jpg

Rapala Husky Jerk, Bass pattern, I was throwing the smallest one, my buddy throwing one size bigger. He did better than I did. I've caught a lot of Smallies on that lure in the Potomac. I get a lot of hits from the dinks on a jig and rage craw but not the hook ups as even the smallest 1/8 oz jig is too big for them. Potomac is tough to fish in my jet due to the levels at times. I won't fish it unless river levels are 4.5 or better at Hancock, don't feel like banging it up too much.